TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Popeye's chicken story...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2001, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popeye's chicken story...

Here is my latest TT story.

I`m pulling into the drive through at Popeye's chicken at the end of a long day. It's very close to my house in a little town out side of Austin called Dripping Springs (or Dripn' Sprangs if your local). The demographics of the town may best be summed in the PU truck to passenger car ratio of 2000 to 1. Lots of camouflage, bubba teeth, deer feeders, gun racks, wash n sets... You know, down home. Anywho, I'm just picking up some spicy chicken and some delicious sides to take home to the ravenous vultures I call family. I place my order at the talking sign (still a mystery to some locals, "who's livin' in at' sign?") and proceed to the window. The order girl opens the window and says, "That will be, OH MY GOD THAT'S THE COOLEST CAR I'VE EVER SEEN!" She screams this at what I can only hope is the very top of her lungs. Suddenly, heads start popping out from the order area. One by one, fry cooks stop frying, registers are left open, manager stops managing. They huddle around the little window asking me what it is, how fast, how much, what is it again, a what???? You know, the usual... Then I look over at the window to the side of the very small dinning area. Everyone has left their food and gone to the window. They are pressing themselves against the window leaving nose and finger prints all over the glass. Pointing at and talking about my TT... The manager catches his snap and returns to managing. I get my food and start to pull ahead. There are still 6 people standing at the window waiting for me to pass. So, I give them a little taste of the alien headlight washers. They went ballistic. It was like they couldn't believe their eyes...

It was great!

Then I went home and fed the animals...
Old 01-27-2001, 05:49 AM
Elder Member

LOL!
Old 01-27-2001, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's a much better response than any I've gotten......I wanna live by the Sprangs!!
Old 01-27-2001, 06:05 AM

Default There's a Sonic story too, but I can't let that story get around!

Cute teen car hops beg for rides...

It's a small town, I think the affect will wear off in a couple of months...
Old 01-27-2001, 06:13 AM

Default I stopped by a high school the other day...

I had to get something from my wife last week, so I drove to her school mid-day. While waiting for her to come out kids were walking out of their way to peer into the TT (top down still). As I was getting back into the car to leave the assistant principal was getting into his PU. There were three kids standing by the passenger door at that point. The assistant principal chimed in with my usual response when a kid oogles verbally over the car... "keep your grades up and go to college. That's the safest way to get one of these cars."
Old 01-27-2001, 06:20 AM

Default My High School Principal kicked me out because of long hair!

4 Years in top 10 of class... I went on to finish year in private school and Rice. Now I want to go back and give her a ride in my TT and let her know I make her annual salary in a month!

Jaded...
Old 01-27-2001, 07:13 AM

Default Is this a ...

Monica story? lol
Old 01-27-2001, 07:34 AM

Default Reaction a little different here...

I had the thing all shined up, parked top down on Main in front of my store in this little podunk (340 people), and the kids would walk by and not even notice it. A couple adults did...one asked me if I had ever had it in sixth gear yet (!), and another thought it probably cost over $20K. Out of towners took more notice (one 60-ish blonde flooze thought it was a Beetle convertible... and wanted a ride, and some guy asked if it had a V12). Tavern owner next door said it "looks like a fun little car." PU's are where it's at around here (have 2 myself), but geez, the TT should have more drawing power than a Silverado, don't you think? An old Beetle her in town gets far more raves. Too bad I don't care!
Old 01-27-2001, 07:37 AM

It takes me 5 years to make my principal's annual salary, but he drives a minivan, not my TT
Old 01-27-2001, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Please tell me your wife is not a student : - )

Quick Reply: Popeye's chicken story...