TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Proposal: OCTTc - Orange County TT club - yea or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2000, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Proposal: OCTTc - Orange County TT club - yea or nay?
Old 11-02-2000, 09:47 AM

Maybe.
Old 11-02-2000, 09:47 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default If you want to do this, go ahead...

But the SoCal TT Club has already done 2 meetings in Orange county. If there is enough interest in this, then I will consider disbanding the SoCal TT Club, and allow each city, community, neighborhood, or whatever to create, develop, and organize their own respective clubs.

It's just like this big nationwide meeting that we keep talking about. I propose it and offer to develop and organize it. Then everyone else chimes in and tells me how it REALLY needs to be done. They talk about creating committees and such. Then when it's time to do the work, everyone drops the subject, and the ball as well.

You already have perhaps the largest TT club in the USA, and certainly the oldest, and also someone (me) who has not only created the club with websites and such, but has held or participated in numerous events with no cost to the members. Why isn't that good enough for you?
Old 11-02-2000, 10:52 AM

Default i must admit, brad has a good point... But let's not get competitive here...

there are few enough of us as it is, why worry? SoCal TT Club should be open to any and all TT owners and clubs in Southern California.. You have to understand, some people are too lazy to travel more than 20 minutes to get to an event, and those are the people that want their own little "club".. of course it won't be as big as SoCal TT, but it would be more convenient, and personal, since members live close by. Would SoCal TT owners club shut out other smaller clubs? I don't think so, so consider it a non-issue. We don't need exclusivity amongst such a rare group as ourselves...
Old 11-02-2000, 11:03 AM

Default Re: If you want to do this, go ahead...

In all fairness, I think kalki might be new to the area and are not aware of Brad's efforts in creating and organizing the SoCal TT Club.

Perhaps subset clubs, or "chapters" might be in order - not as an offical club or anything, but as a way for LA, OC or SD TT owners to set up little gatherings or drives - using the SoCall TT club as the means of getting the word out. Of course, SD or LA folks would be welcome at OC gatherings and vice versa (any Inland Empire TT owners out there?).

I guess I would say nay, but if Brad would allow the SCTTC site to be used to promote smaller area gatherings, that could work very well.

Enjoyed the lunch in Capsitrano Beach, Brad. Hoping I can make the Julian drive.
Old 11-02-2000, 11:15 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Actually, folks have already done this...

Anyone can post a message on the SoCal TT Club's Yahoo companion site, and folks have used the board to post smaller, more informal get-togethers and such.
Old 11-02-2000, 11:48 AM

Default Nay, but only because of things mentioned here

We are meeting and can meet, it is what ever forum gets us together, right? Timing is everything on these get togethers, someone might make one and then miss the next 3, it all depends how busy they are. So, stick with a larger group and announce smaller or local get togethers using the same forum, club. I don't think we need a new club for something that works and is already set up now.

My 2 cents.
Old 11-02-2000, 12:50 PM

Default Actually, I think I've been taken a bit wrong ...

I wan't trying to create a faction. Ugh.

Later
Kalki
Old 11-02-2000, 01:50 PM

Check my correction post above ... it's more precise.