TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

A reassurance to the Tranny people. (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-1999, 11:05 AM
Hamakua_Boy aka Jason M.

Default A reassurance to the Tranny people. (Long)

Hello Everyone, I have some news that may reassure you reguarding mechanical situations with Audi, even after the warranty has expired. Our family has owned a 5000 cs quattro turbo (87, gold in color) since 87 (Duh), and for a long while it sat in the Hawaiian sun untouched, while we lived in France. When we returned to the US (NY) we had it shipped over and is now my car. When it was first shipped over there existed a universal defect in all of them (Not sure of the defect, I'll look it up, perhaps someone out there would know) Our warranty was well past it's expiration date, yet when we brought it in to be serviced they insisted upon replacing all parts associated with the problem and any parts that may have been affected by the problem, at no charge to us, even though the problem didn't show itself in our car. Weather it was by law or by Audi's devotion to the customers, it has assured me that this too will be a forgotten bump in the road soon enough (the Tranny). We still to this day get letters from our local dealer greeting and advising us, even though we have ceased to be investors in Audi cars. Honestly, if I were a TT owner (God as my witness I want to be in the worst way) I would not worry at all. If the tranny problem is deemed a defect I believe Audi would replace them even if they fail after warranty. (This is my opinion from previous experiences) Do not worry my good friends, They will come thru, the TT is a good thing, but it's still a car, and cars are created by man, and men are the ones who are faulty. (This message is in all ways my opinion and in no way written in stone, please understand this and don't judge me)<p>Does anyone out there want to sell me a silver on black for lets say... $5000.00? No? How about $7000.00? I'll be happy to take it. If so Please contact Enigmatic55@Hotmail.com
Old 08-10-1999, 11:11 AM
Jason Dale

Default 5000 turbo recall

Actually, the work that was performed was related to the fuel injectors coming apart and was covered by a recall. The dealer actually had to perform this service but it's good that they caught it since the consequences of the possible failure are dire ones at best.<p>Jason Dale<br>Audi Technician<br>Ken Garff Motors<br>Provo, UT<br>
Old 08-10-1999, 11:14 AM
Hamakua Boy

Default Jack Hanoka, would you believe me if I said I wrote the above post before reading yours? (Nt)

nt
Old 08-10-1999, 11:30 AM
Larry G

Default Re: 5000 turbo recall

Good vocabulary usage Jason! "Dire" is an underused word. Stragely my Miata has been grinding when I shift from 1st to 2nd. I'm not a good driver though, maybe that's it.
Old 08-10-1999, 03:13 PM
Jason Dale

Oh sure, bring the word MIATA to this forum. It's like blood in the water with all of these sharks. Oh, yeah, I KNOW you're driving habits gap boy.<p>Jason Dale<br>Audi Technician<br>Ken Garff Motors<br>Provo, UT
Old 08-10-1999, 04:19 PM
Larry G

Do sharks whine? On a completely unrelated note, if you drove an Audi TT say 871 miles at 42 cents a mile (approx distance between Salt Lake City and Seattle), it will cost you 365.82 each way, not taking in account gas. But you can buy an airline ticket for only about $150 round trip. Interesting fact wouldn't you say?
Old 10-19-1999, 08:16 PM
Greg

I bought a 1987 5000 Turbo, it doesnt seem to decelerate like it should would that be a clue that this car didnt make it to the recall. I also have a 1985 the seems to work just fine.