TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Recent port-to-delivery experiences needed. (more)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-1999, 09:45 AM
jdr

Default Recent port-to-delivery experiences needed. (more)

TTQ arrived Houston port 06December according to dealer. No idea of when/if car is on the truck..."I expect your car any day now" is the advice I get from the dealer. Anyone take delivery of a car from this delivery batch (esp. NorCal)?

What have recent port-to-delivery times been?

I really don't want to take the Volvo wagon on our coastal drive between Christmas and New Year...Arrgghh.

Anxiously waiting in SF.
Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to you all. Log miles.
-jdr
Old 12-18-1999, 02:18 PM
Michael

Default Re: Recent port-to-delivery experiences needed. (more)

Ours sat in port(Boston) for a full month.
Old 12-18-1999, 08:21 PM
mrm

Default don't hold your breath

Mine has been stuck in the Houston port for nearly one month. It arrived there Nov 20th, and I've received nothing but bogus status and run-arounds since. When I called the dealer again last week he now says it they will try to have it here before the end of the year, but could be as long as the second week in Jan. After beeing all pumped to get it sometime in Nov - it's really put a damper on the holidays - especially since I sold my car based on the dealers "worst case" arrival date, and am now the proud driver of a Saturn rental. Bitter ? nah !!!
Old 12-19-1999, 08:22 AM
Richard

Default Re: don't hold your breath

It took me about a month, and the dealer can do nothing to expedite delivery. Nor, can anyone (including A of A) adequately explain the delay. Be patient, grasshopper. All delays will be forgotten when it arrives. I live in So Cal.
Old 12-20-1999, 06:00 AM
PaTT

Default Mine took about 2 weeks from port to dealer...

Oddly enough, while everyone else on the east coast talks about Boston and Houston, my paperwork says my TT came through Wilmington (don't know if that's Delaware or North Carolina)...