TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

REPOST: Due to popular demand, I've scheduled another session of basic driver improvement for those

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REPOST: Due to popular demand, I've scheduled another session of basic driver improvement for those

who want to attend and who were unable to get here last time. The new dates are Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3, 2002.

The course will be the same as it was for the first session, plus a little stuff added after getting feed-back from the first class. The 'main' exercises will be evasive lane change; perception / reaction lane change; serpentine; precision backing; precision maneuvering ('the box'); and the highway response course. I'm going to try to add a new twist to the evasive lane change based on what my last group told me.

Tuition will be $50 per student. I know that this is a little higher than the last group...but it allows the class to 'make' with fewer folks signed up. The class is NOT limited to TTs or even Audis; anyone can show up in whatever car they wish to use -- provided that it is (1.) street legal; and (2.) insured. If you know someone with a VW, Porsche, Honda, or whatever, invite them.

Class size will again be limited. Only 20 students will be allowed in the interest of making sure that everyone gets to drive, drive, and then drive some more. A smaller class also allows for a closer bond among the participants when we go eat together and such. The last group seemed to have a blast and seemed to learn something at the same time...especially houTTini, who was forced by necessity to learn an entirely new language!

:-)

If you are interested in attending, please do two things for me: post here with your forum name, your real name, and the type of car you'll be driving; and also, please e-mail me with your name, phone number, and preferred e-mail address so that I can put you on the roster. If you have any questions, you can e-mail me directly at fergie@texramp.net or ferg@kilgore.cc.tx.us for more information. Thanks for your interest!

Ferg
Old 08-05-2002, 04:59 AM

Default Jeff Meininger / Jeff Meininger / TT 225Q Coupe

I'm not 100% sure I can make it, but I'm 100% sure I want to be there. I should be able to make it happen.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Tim Bingaman /MiTT/ TT 225Q Coupe

I had to miss the last one, I'm glad there's a second opportunity
Old 08-05-2002, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Warren Stone / TexasTTR / TT 225Q Roadster
Old 08-05-2002, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I might be interested in my son attending also. He'll be 18 in November. Is there an age limit?
Old 08-05-2002, 05:35 AM

As long as he has a valid DL and your car's insured, it isn't a problem.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey Ferg!

I'd like to come. I'm sorry I stood you up last time - we were moving house and I just didn't have time in the end. I'll do better this time, I promise :-)

I'll drop you a line...
Old 08-05-2002, 05:52 AM

Awesome! We missed you at the first course...I'll add you to the list
Old 08-05-2002, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

<little tease> yea Tim, maybe Ferg can get you to wait until 5,000 rpm before you shift ;-)
Old 08-05-2002, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default On the other end of the spectrum, some of my buds were giving me a hard time...

about needing to go to a class to leard how to drive "that there fancy car".

I'll admit that I can use some coaching on how to exact the most out of this car - looking forward to learning as much as possible!

Hey Bob, Scott Smith copied me on some correspondence between you and he. It would be good to see you again and get a beer when you pass through on the 14th.

Quick Reply: REPOST: Due to popular demand, I've scheduled another session of basic driver improvement for those