TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Saw my first non-spoiled TT yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2001, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw my first non-spoiled TT yesterday

At my car dealership they have a 2000 FWD unspoiled TT with 14,000 miles on it. I think it was going for around $27,000. They listed it as a Quattro, but since there was no badging at all, I was leary, and checked the glove box and sure enough, no Quattro badge. Went in and informed the service manager about it. What do you think the chances are that they would swithc my control arms for that one? Or are the FWD ones diffrent then the Quattro ones?

I have to say I am really happy I have the spoiler. I think it would be better if the person left the audi rings in the back on, but without the rings and no spoiler it kinda looks funny, maybe I am just used to the spoiler version, but I think it breaks the bubble butt up very well.
Old 08-31-2001, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The recall could have been done on that car even though the spoiler wasn't included. You could opt

for the suspension changes or spoiler separately or together.

The only way to know if they are MKI control arms is to have service check the VIN to see if the recall work was done. When I bought my "unspoiled" TT - I made sure they checked the VIN to see if the recall had been performed - because if it had - I don't think I would have bought the TT I did. When I went in for the initial service at another dealer, the Service Manager noticed on the computer that the recall hadn't been done. So after I declined having it done, he entered that I had denied the recall and it now shows up on AoA's computer system. The two codes I have on my invoice for the recalls are ZX and KX. There is no description.

I also doubt that they would switch control arms if in fact they were MKI's on the car. It makes no difference if the car is fwd or quattro, they fit either car. To much liability.
Old 08-31-2001, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I do not think it was recalled at all, it looks like a trade in

I am going to call to see if thye would be willing to swap.