TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

SERVICE ALERT for DALLASITES...or something. :^)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERVICE ALERT for DALLASITES...or something. :^)

As you all probably know, Park Place Audi is now University Park Audi & owned by the same folks that own TMS. In (possibly) related news, today was the Service Manager's (Scott Melvin?) last day.

Let's hope its a change for the better!

I only know cos I picked up my car today & they forgot to recode the radio back to Bose (they replaced it on my last visit & forgot then too), so I had to go back. All the techs had vacated so Dusty opened the shop back up & the manager drove my car around & re-coded it. About a mile away, I noticed I no longer had a fader (I've got a roadster...we get a fader...& it's actually handy :-)). So I call them back (it's now 6:50) & the person that answers the phone says they've all left and mentions that it was his last day. So I assume there's a bar full of Audi Service folks about now. :^D

Anyway, thought you guys might like to know.
Old 05-18-2002, 05:42 AM

Default Sad day for Audi Enthusiasts in Dallas

Max,

I could not disagree with you more and I'm sure many othres would agree with me! This is definitely a change for the worse.

For those of us that have become familiar with Scott and several of the technicians this is very dissapointing news. Scott has gone out of his way on many occasions to support local Audi enthusiasts including sending technicians to our previous NTAG track days.

Scott is THE VERY BEST service manager I have had the pleasure to work with and I will miss him in the Audi community! I wish him the best in his new position!

Dave Worley
Old 05-18-2002, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, my hope is that whoever replaces him will hire more competant technicians...

My car has spent more time there for service because they screwed it up the first time. Things get broken, scratched, you name it.

On one of the issues, when I talked to him about it, he was basically contradictory and unhelpful.

I guess it's all about what your dealings are with a dealership. But mine have been unfortunate. Only 2 things keep me going there. They are tons closer to me than the Audi Store. And Dusty really does try. To be honest Scott has too, I just tend to have less respect for a manager with employees that don't seem to know what they're doing.

On a lighter note...not only are they moving the Sales part of the dealership to Lemmon, but the Service department is supposed to move down the street too. They were saying that they may use the new Service building they just moved into for Used sales or something.

Scott