TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Smack! Not the best late night story . . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2001, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smack! Not the best late night story . . .

Well, I thought about taking my wife's Volvo yesterday; it was raining fairly hard, and it was expected to rain throughout the day here in the Bay Area. But I had to drive to a meeting in Walnut Creek mid-day, and what better car to handle the rain-slicked roads than a TT Quattro?

So I jumped into my car for the short, twenty-minute drive to work. Half way to the office, a fire truck pulls out of the fire station, and we all stop to allow the truck to pass. Well, almost everyone; the guy in the Ford behind me didn't seem to notice the truck (yes, the big, red one with its sirens blaring), and SMACK! -- he rear-ends me!

The damage appears to be minimal, as these things go, but it obviously still shows. A few good scratches, a gouge here and there, and a pretty good crease. And can you imagine, the kid said, "Can't you just let it go?" I hope to take it in to the shop tomorrow for an estimate. It's my first accident in the TT and, truth be told, my first in 26 years of driving. Just my luck!
Old 01-11-2001, 11:20 PM

Default Geez, the nerve of some people.

I think you probably have more restraint than I do. I think I would have strangled the guy. He has some nerve to ask you to let it go. This is what I've been worried these past few days as well. I also live in the Bay Area and I love driving the TT with the Quattro and ESP and the rain lately has really shown me how well this car handles. I'm doing corners on these wet roads as if it was a hot, dry summer day. But, I worry about some drivers out there who go crazy on the roads with no type of traction control on their car. I was going home today from work and 237 was just backed up really badly because of a very bad accident. One car was on its side. Some people just have to figure out their limits and their car's limits. Anyways, good luck with the repairs and hopefully it be back to you like brand new.

JonTT
2001 TTQC Lake Silver
Old 01-12-2001, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Could have been worse...

<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m.new/tt/msgs/117516.phtml">...Here's how it could have been worse.</a></li></ul>