TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Small world Forum story. Jaime, Connecticut 225QR, is a sailor. He sails out of Westport a

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 09:49 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Small world Forum story. Jaime, Connecticut 225QR, is a sailor. He sails out of Westport a

little up the road from here. My best friend and colleague (yes, Sr. Corporate Counel, Joel ;-) sails her boat out of Stamford. I've posted the pic of their boat before...Crazy Horse...with a wild graphic...Jaime heard from his sailing peeps that Crazy Horse had hit a rock the other night and sent me an email to find out if everybody and the boat were okay.....when I replied, I forwarded the email to my friend and her husband. Ends up Jaime went to crew for them last night...unfortunately, the race was cancelled due to weather. But, get this, he is going to sail the Vineyard race with them this weekend. Three-day race from L.I. Sound to the Martha's Vineyard and back. Just thought you guys would like to know that my friends said they'd never met a nicer young man. Good TT Forum representation.

Hey Jaime, have a great time and be safe, okay.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you SOOOOO much Denny for introducing me to Ron and Marty!

We had a BLAST... even though we didn't sail. We went out to pizza afterwards and had a great time! I'm psyched, cuz I'm gonna miss school on Friday so I can sleep in to rest for the race. Plus, I'm psyched to be going on the race. Have you seen Ron's M6???? It's gorgeous!

The boats graphics are even cooler in real life. I'm really looking forward to doing some racing on it!

Again, thanks a lot. You're the best!!!
Old 08-29-2001, 02:55 PM
Elder Member

So happy this worked out...small world. Yep, he loves his Beemers....
Old 08-29-2001, 03:03 PM

Default Me too... and also, another crew member...

used to own the boat "Eclipse" that I usually crew on! It's almost how small this whole sailing/TT world is!

And judging by the pics of Fallingwater, it looks like TTers can drink nearly as well as us sailors.
Old 08-29-2001, 03:47 PM
Elder Member

Default You met Dick Crowley last night. He and my former boyfriend owned

Eclipse .... it was Tarle then....those were the good old days. I'm glad they kept Eclipse the same old weird gray/blue color...had some fun days on that J boat!! Still have my Tarle shirt in that same color. Weirdly small world...can't believe you race on the same boat I used to....very strange indeed.
Old 08-29-2001, 04:58 PM

Default OH MY GOD! That's freaky Denny. Just damn freaky.

LOL, and I bet it has the same sails! J/K, the boat is in need of some help. It needs a repaint like nothing else... Drive down to Southport Harbor sometime. It's right in the mooring field, not hard to find.
Old 08-30-2001, 06:13 AM
TTP
AudiWorld Senior Member

Re: Oh.. when are they due into MV? I'll be there this weekend.
Old 08-30-2001, 06:27 AM
Elder Member

Default Don't think they even stop....just sail up and back...leave Friday evening, return whenever they

can get back, LOL, sometime on Sunday....first back in each class, wins. Jaime will probably correct me if wrong.
Old 08-30-2001, 02:04 PM

Default Well, sort of. Boats are rated, sort of like golf handicaps,

except instead of rating the person, they rate a boat. So a Miata could theoretically beat a Ferrari. Each boat has a number. Crazy Horse is extremely fast, and it's rating is 33. A slower boat might have an 89 like a J/36.

To figure out how much time a boat owes another is simple. Subtract 33 from 89. So that means that Crazy Horse owes the J/36 56 seconds for each mile.

If the race is one mile, Crazy Horse must beat the J/36 by more than 56 seconds to beat them. If the race is 238 miles, they must beat the J/36 by 222.13 minutes.

Hope that helps.

We don't actually go to the vineyard. We round a mark right before it called Buzzards Bay Tower. And on the way home we leave Block Island to starboard.

I'm really looking forward to this. :-)