TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

So after about 36 hours- the amp and speakers are in and the bluetooth doesn't work......

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So after about 36 hours- the amp and speakers are in and the bluetooth doesn't work......

started on Friday am with the intent of installing my 4 channel amp and 4 speakers. I also wanted to install my Parrot CK3000 evolution bluetooth setup. Since i've got the aftermarket deck already it seemed like a simple install. Taking the TT apart wasn't bad. Most time spent figuring out where to run the wires and locate the amp. Amp went in the side compartment where the bose was - fun stuffing a JL Audio 300/4 there. Speakers were also JL Audio and all bolted right in the factory location using the factory screws with only a slight mod to the tweeter housing for the front speaker - cutting a notch so they would snap right in the factory holder.

Rear speakers the same thing - bolted right in the factory speaker mounts.

Got it all wired and tested and found out the 4 channel RCA had a bad channel so off to the stereo store to buy a new rca cable. Tested out and everything was working fine.

Now the bluetooth. Couldn't get it to work to save my life. Wiring diagrams were not really clear. The amp threw a curve in and no matter how I hooked it up I couldn't get it to give me sound through the speakers. So I left the wiring in and will attempt to figure it out some other time.

To top it off the battery is too weak to start the car so it's charging overnight.

What a long three days............