TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

StevesTT Ordeal and Audi service in general

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default StevesTT Ordeal and Audi service in general

I feel that there is a need for more Audi dealerships. The ways in which people are being treated in the name of "SERVICE" are beyond belief.

We all know that our economy is slowing a bit. Luxury or near-luxury car buyers may not be pounding Audi's doorsteps five years from now the way customers are doing so today. Audi should care a lot more about customer service. This kind of treatment of customers can only hurt Audi in the short run as well as the long run.

For two years now I have taken both of my TTs for service to Sunset Audi in Portland (Beaverton), Oregon. Srvice has been mediocre to very poor on every occaision.The only reason I went there was because of the fact they were the only dealership within a three hour drive. (It is about a 40 minute drive there as I live in Vancouver, Washington, just across the river from the PDX airport.It is a drag to drive your car there, get a friend to drive you home, repeat the same jirations the next day in reverse, the next day, only to find your car was not repaired properly.
For some items this happened as many as three times before quality repair was done. This does not account for the transmission grinding they continually deny exists between first and second on my 180tt that I finally traded in on the 225C.

I guess I'm ranting too much! Anyway,I am pleased to announce that there is a newly opened dealership for Audis in Vancouver. It is my intention to meet with the service manager and to begin a relationship with this new Audi Firm. I know that their service to customers cannot possibly be worse and may well be much better than Sunset Imports.At least I have my fingers and my 2 TToes crossed.

Let's hope that more, not fewer Audi dealerships open and that a little competition will shake things up a bit.
Old 07-27-2001, 12:21 PM

Default You have not rant'd enough

Trust me. I have a HORRID problem with Stevens Creek Porsche / Audi in San Jose Ca. I was carless, ABSOLUTLY carless for almost THREE months. I bought an upgraded warranty, you know the one that gets you a loaner and still I was bumming rides from my friends.

They wouldn't even acknowledge that part of my warranty.

The car went in for body/sus mod's (per recall) came out with a bad DV valve. Took it back, came out with a bad Turbo Wastegate. Took it back, came out with a DOA turbo. Took it back, came out with a screwed up dashboard lighting. Took it back, came out with a DENTED STEERINGWHEEL (***more below on this) and yes, you guess it, more issues. This time I took it to a performance mechanic who did a 30 SECOND diagnostic to find that there were HOSES NOT HOOKED UP to the Oxygen Sensor!!!!! Took it back to the dealer, came out spotless. (think it was that I was checking up on them? I think so!)

*** Audi called and gave me a customer service survey for what was the 3rd time the car was in the dealer's shop. Well I wasn't happy of course, as it was in for the 4th time, same issues. (lack of power, intermittant wierd noise). So, the next day, I get a call from my service rep who, yesyes I realize it was an anonymous survey, right?... no... who YELLS AT ME saying that I HAVE NO RITE to give them a bad mark.

(sigh) Dented steeringwheel is expected to be from him. He "retired" shortly after I talked to someone with a German accent... hmmm...

I'm still reeling. Breathing heavy. Ranting if you will....

But they are kissing my ***! New free parts for my TT! heheh Maybe in this case a disgruntled TT owner might be a good part to play? Perhaps some new parts for yours may also be in order! :-)
Old 07-27-2001, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've had a 735 BMW for 11 years now. recently, the tranny eprom went south...

and I accepted it since there's 196,000 miles on the car. The dealer, who always serviced the car from new and gave me a loaner every time without my asking, replaced the unit for free. Said it was the least they could do for a loyal customer. That will have a deep impact on me when it comes time to buy my next car.

I have the feeling we may never see that kind of treatment from the average Audi dealership from what I've read here. Building customer satisfaction and consequently brand loyalty isn't Audi's strong suit. The prevailing attitude seems to be 'prove it' and it starts at the factory.
Old 07-27-2001, 12:49 PM

Default To Be Fair .... (more)

I can't go on without saying that the neighbooring dealership in Oakland (about 1 hour drive) did do just what I would expect a dealership to do.

They took the car from my work, left me with an A6 2.7t. Even had the heated steering wheel. If I had this hindsight thing that every one keeps talking about, I would have never dealt with my local dealer at all.

However, from what I've read here I guess you can call that dealer an enigma in the Audi Server World
Old 07-27-2001, 12:51 PM

I think I know who you're talking about. Were his initials B.L.?
Old 07-27-2001, 04:40 PM

What were the symptoms of the bad turbo wastegate?
Old 07-27-2001, 06:11 PM

Default Whata Coincidence?

Yes indeed! In addition, the whole crew was replaced shortly there after and they ditched VW out of the dealership there.

All helped their service might I add.
Old 07-27-2001, 06:14 PM

Default Symptoms?....

1 variable... My car's turbo was bad in addition to this. (quoting the dealership here)

Once the car was under near to or full throttle, the power was sluggish through the gas pedal and a loud noise came from what could be best describes as the exhaust manifold. The noise itself sounded like glass packs on a '65 Beetle? ya that's about right.
Old 07-27-2001, 08:05 PM

Thought so. Yeah, there are a lot of new faces around there now.
Old 07-28-2001, 04:04 AM

Default So, Mr.Stoney... Where do you take yours? ....

I am checking out a couple mechanics for the aftermarket tuning in Campbell.

Quick Reply: StevesTT Ordeal and Audi service in general