TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Still need a little help on Camber and toe adj. before I make purchases..

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still need a little help on Camber and toe adj. before I make purchases..

About to place an order with TTstuff w/ KMAC Full kit. I believe I'm going to go ahead and buy alignment measurement tools to be able to measure and adj. the camber and toe. These were Schwings suggestions.

The camber doesnt seem to be a problem at all. I will be buying the Smart Camber from racerpartswholesale.com. Just adj. the KMACS as needed. But what about adj. to the fronts? Am I able to do this?

As far as toe is concerned, I'm not very familiar with. I was going to order the Longacre toe plates, however I dont know how to adjust the toe. Can it be done through the KMACS? And are there any other special tools that are needed? Also what about the toe in the fronts?

I just dont want to purchase these tools and not know what I'm doing or worse yet not be able to do it.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Some alignment advice..(edited)>>

Rear:
Set camber first, Then adjust toe by rotating both top and bottom Kmacs an equal amount. Do this the same on each side so you don't get things uneven.

Front:
You can adjust camber "Slightly" but I wouldn't bother. Dropping one inch will put you at -.7 to -.8. Front camber changes very little with a drop due to different geometry up there.
Toe is adjusted by adjusting both the tie rod ends in or out equally. You need to visualize this before you do it ie: left rotates counterclockwise to increase toe in (push the rear of the wheel out), right side is counterclockwise also but you'rer turning the wrench from bottom up instead of top down (working from the rear) to push the rear of the wheel out.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Steve, if you slam the car all the way down on >>

Something like V3s, do you need a full or 1/2 KMAC?
Old 07-19-2005, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default You need a kidney belt as well as...>

At least a Kmac up top and maybe a forge arm on the bottom. Plus your suspension geometry will be Fcked in general...

Read this to see why it's a BAD idea...<ul><li><a href="http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1363022">http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1363022</a</li></ul>
Old 07-19-2005, 03:39 PM

Dont care. I want it to look hot. I will probably jack it up for track days
Old 07-19-2005, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Isn't that an awesome thread Did you read the free travel part on the Bilsteins btw?
Old 07-19-2005, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yeah...It's a real Eye opener....>

Almost makeS me want to jack my car back up (and I'm not that low!)
Old 07-19-2005, 04:01 PM

But remember, we have the longer spindles so lowering impacts camber less !
Old 07-19-2005, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Tru dat....We have better geometry to start with....

But still severly compromised with a 2" slam...
Old 07-19-2005, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Cool thanks Steve...

so pretty much I shouldnt have to worry at all about the front.

And as far as toe is concerned, this can be corrected with the KMACS from what I understand?

also Steve, I need the Smart Camber with the Module, correct? I cant just get the Frame only?

Also, do these corrections need to be done and can they be done with the car on the ground or does it need to be up?

Quick Reply: Still need a little help on Camber and toe adj. before I make purchases..