TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Strange clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange clicking noise

Yesterday night I was driving home and turned on my left turn signal .. after completing the turn I head an off beat clicking happening from the dashboard. It made the same sound as the turn signal but instead of click...click...click... it was CLICK.....click.click.click...click...clickclickcl ick. If I turn on my directionals the clicking is normal. All my turn signal lights work and operate fine. The clicking was random and would last for a minute... then stop... then for no reason start again. Is my clicker going bad or do I have a short?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default sounds like a shot relay to me

Originally Posted by K.Candiotti
Yesterday night I was driving home and turned on my left turn signal .. after completing the turn I head an off beat clicking happening from the dashboard. It made the same sound as the turn signal but instead of click...click...click... it was CLICK.....click.click.click...click...clickclickcl ick. If I turn on my directionals the clicking is normal. All my turn signal lights work and operate fine. The clicking was random and would last for a minute... then stop... then for no reason start again. Is my clicker going bad or do I have a short?
Sounds like a shot relay to me - they are inexpensive, but depending on which one it is and where it is located you may need to go to the dealer to get it identified and sorted out. I had this in my MK1. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by K.Candiotti
More than likely it is your hazard relay. Fairly common problem....Remove the radio, and you can access the button from behind. Part is fairly inexpensive..
Old 05-21-2009, 08:37 AM

Thanks so much for the responses! So far it hasn't made any noise for the past couple of days but if it acts up again i'll take it apart.