TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Sunset Audi's Service SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunset Audi's Service SUCKS!

After waiting six weeks for an oil change appointment, I took my car in this morning with these possible repairs:
(Please note it is a 45 minute drive from my home to the dealership.)

> intermittant short in vanity light in driver-side visor
> intermittant issue with alarm - door red light indicaters coming on full time while driving
> Fuel and temp guages stay pegged on zero for about five miles of driving each morning before the spring into action at their whim.

I took the car in at 8:00 A.M. They never called me all day after saying it would be ready in the afternoon. I called them at 4:30 P.M. and they told me my car would be ready at 7:00 P.M.It would not be ready because it had to go through "QUALITY CONTROL" (Whatever that is) I arrived at 6:50 P.M.I then took posession of my car and we went out to dinner and tried to lock my car, at the restaurant,with remote. The car alarm would not activate. I had dinner and went home. As I set parking brake in my garage, the emergency lights flashed two times, on their own, to add insult.

Audi TTs (and this is my second) are weird!

I still don't know if the required repairs were made. However, now, there are new problems due to their messing with the electrical system.

This is my second TT and I have yet to have one oil change without needed repairs and I have yet to have any needed repairs fixed in just one visit. Ugh! End of rant!

Leave it to Beaverton (Oregon that is...)

Sunset Audi has bad service, and that's the truth!
Old 02-18-2002, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They just replaced my guage cluster last week. Did they>>

replace yours or just check it out?? Can't tell you what's going on with your repairs. But... I can tell you what Quality control is. I dealt with Larry in service. When they got my dash cluster replaced, he told me the car was in line to go thru quality control. Asked him what that entailed, as I was running late to deliver a buddy to PDX. He told me that they just like to put a few miles on the car to check the work and make sure their aren't any further repairs needed. Hope they can sort it out for you.

I'd have to say, they did a good job on this last service. Did exactly what I asked, and didn't wash the car. They ruined the paint/glass on my first TT in the "wash" process. Think it goes like this: RINSE WITH HARD WATER > LUNCH > LET SIT FOR 2-3 HOURS > DRY WITH CRUSTY TOWEL.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:15 PM

Default You would be amazed how many Portland cars come up to Bend for service.

Carrera does short notice Saturday service...make a weekend of it. Nick Godebu is lead Audi tech but only works 1 Sat. a month. Be very good for you if you could schedule in on his day. Tell him the Colonel referred you. I will see him tomorrow and will tell him to keep a look-out for you.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:33 PM

Holy smokes! All three of us in this thread are on our 2nd TT.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, TT get-together idea... Convoy to Bend for service
Old 02-18-2002, 10:25 PM

They are the only game in town and they know it.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hmmmm.... Party at Bogey's place!!!
Old 02-19-2002, 05:30 AM
gtt
AudiWorld Super User

Default Everyone is welcome at Cutter in SB. Nothing but 5's here....

synthetic oil on tap, free shuttle to your house or the beach...I could go on. One of the reasons I moved from the gorge...I had to take amtrack and the light rail to get service at sunset.
Old 02-19-2002, 05:31 AM

Great Idea!
Old 02-19-2002, 07:29 AM

Default Read this thread with Nick and Service Manager at Nick's station this AM.

Yep, every tech has cable ISP at their work station. Just give Carrera Motors a call @ 541-382-9147...these people will look after you.

These folks have the training, experience and interest in doing the job correctly...nothing but kudos from me.

Quick Reply: Sunset Audi's Service SUCKS!