TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Survey:do your windows operate with the remote?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-1999, 08:13 PM
Rik

Default Re: Survey:do your windows operate with the remote?

Well What are the "key strokes to do this?<br>Rik
Old 06-04-1999, 09:10 PM
Jason Dale

Default Be careful

Remember, this car has CAN-BUS electrical system, so information is fed both ways across wires, not just 12v and ground on separate wires. I would be extrmely careful about using a device such as this. I would hope that I can get some information on recoding the central locking ECU to accomplish the same thing.<p>Jason Dale<br>Audi Technician<br>Ken Garff Motors<br>Provo, UT
Old 06-04-1999, 09:26 PM
RIK

Default WHAT ARE THE "KEYSTROKES" to test this?

WHAT ARE THE "KEYSTROKES" to test this?
Old 06-05-1999, 07:22 AM
SWingard

Default Re: Survey:do your windows operate with the remote?

I think it would work like this:<p>1. Press and HOLD the "unlock" button on your remote (for at least 2 sec.) See if the windows begin lowering.<p>2. Lower the windows manually, then press and hold the "lock" button on the remote. See if the windows begin to close.<p>(You CAN do this by inserting the key into the lock and turning/holding in either direction. But from other responses, I guess it doesn't work from the remote on US-spec cars.)
Old 06-05-1999, 03:09 PM
John Stahmann

Default Shouldn't be that hard to do...

I wrote the FAQ on how to reprogram the control module in the A4, A6, and A8 so that you can use the remote to roll the windows up/down, remove the annoying horn honk when arming the alarm, unlocking of all 4 doors with only one press (instead of two) of the remote unlock button, and automatic locking of the car doors when the vehicle begins moving.<p>Jason - Let's get together this week and we'll figure out the TT. I've been wanting to do this for a couple of weeks now.<p>John<br>
Old 06-06-1999, 10:15 AM
Jay

Default Re: Shouldn't be that hard to do...

John/Jason,<p>You just mentioned exactly all the stuff that I would like to do with the remote : roll up/down windows, lock/unlock all doors, remove the annoying honk while locking, and lock/unlock automatically when you drive or stop the engine.<p>If you could post the information, I would appreciate it.<p>Many Thanks.<br>Jay.<p>BTW, if you guys are in Seattle or will be visiting, look me up. Brews on me :-)
Old 06-07-1999, 02:11 AM
lars schandorff

Default Sorry if I have been confusing someone, but on my Euopean TT it works with both Remote and key. (Nt)

nt
Old 06-07-1999, 12:53 PM
Mike Sauve

Default Re: Be careful

I designed and build the New Beetle window controller. It does not tie into the CAN bus, but reads the lock solenoid and fakes the car into thinking that a key is being held in the door lock, taking advantage of this built-in feature. All inputs are high impedence (100K ohms), and outputs are current limited to less than 30 mA to protect the car's electronics.<p>No, I don't know if it will work with the TT - I haven't seen a wiring diagram. Knowing VW/AUdi, I suspect that it might, although the TT may have different wiring color codes.<p>Mike<ul><li><a href="Remote Window Controller: http://members.tripod.com/~remotewindow/">Remote Window Controller</a></li></ul>