TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Today is THE DAY

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-1999, 02:38 AM
Denny

Default Today is THE DAY

Around 6 pm tonight, I'll be the proud owner of a silver/black TT. Don't know how I'll get any work accomplished today. Silly that a car should be making me this nuts, but I haven't felt this way about a car since I had my 67 Mustang fastback. Wish me luck!!!!
Old 06-22-1999, 06:05 AM
SmiTTy

Default Re: Today is THE DAY

Hey! Way to go, Denny! BIG congrats!!!<br>(Admittedly, I am sooooo envious!)<br>Please let us all know how your initial TT experience turned out. [Any pictures?]<br>I'll have to live vicariously thru your words (and similar stories from other LUCKY new TT owners) until I can get in on the act myself sometime in Aug/Sept timeframe. This wait is making me nuts--seems like time is just standing still!<br>Oh, well. Happy moTToring!!!<br>
Old 06-22-1999, 06:25 AM
Denny

Thanks for the good wishes. Feel like I'm going to have another baby instead of picking up a car....totally bizarre. Am going out with some friends tomorrow night to a place that has a packed parking lot and already worrying about someone putting the first ding in my baby. Will let you know how my first day goes....!!
Old 06-22-1999, 08:20 AM
SmiTTy

With respect to crowded lots--<br>My personal (unbreakable!) rule is simply this:<br>"NEVER being lazy leads to NEVER having any regrets" when it come to parking lot mishaps.<br>NEVER, EVER let someone else dictate to you where you "HAVE" to park YOUR car (you're paying for it, not anyone else!). Walking a bit is O.K. My experience has always been that if I'm not comfortable with where I'm parked, I probably wouldn't be able to really have fun anyway. Neurotic? Perhaps, but so what. Zero dings!
Old 06-22-1999, 09:06 AM
Denny

Default Zero Dings

I'm with you. If the parking lot is totally full, I'm not parking there. Kids getting in and out of these gargantuan SUV's are the worst problem. The other day I saw a mother watch her kid crank the side of a beautiful BMW and the mother didn't say word one to the kid. Amazing. Let's see it's 1:05 and I'm leaving here at 4:30...getting close.
Old 06-22-1999, 11:18 AM
Bob Larson

Default Re: Zero Dings

Worst case I ever saw was a big, fat-*** Mom loading her little screamer into the kiddy seat with her door scraping the car next to her. She kept bending in, repeatedly bashing her door into the other car with her big fat ***! Ugh. Proof that evolution doesn't work, because all the wrong people are reproducing. ;-)<p>BTW, best of luck with your new baby, Denny!
Old 06-22-1999, 12:01 PM
Denny

Default Thanks

Bob, That's amazing. Somebody should have put a ding in her rear end. <p>Only 31 minutes until my daughter comes to pick me up to take me to get her new sibling...!! Of course, my lead-footed daughter is dying to drive the TT.....I'll have to really think about that one. Maybe around the high school parking lot. Take care...will post my first driver experience tonight.
Old 06-22-1999, 01:03 PM
SAF

Good luck, bud! You're going to love it!<br> Mine took me back to my 240Z days. Hopefully my TT won't rust away before my eyes like that little rocket did!