TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT number two in the house (kind of long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2001, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT number two in the house (kind of long)

Yesterday, I traded in the old Silver Bullet, my 180FWD with 32K miles on TT number 2, an Amulett Red 225Q coupe. I got the 180 in May 99, and it gave me almost two years of faithful service, good enough to let me invest in another. I was somewhat apprehensive about the Mark II suspension, but so far I think the differences are negligible in everyday driving. Today I took off on a cloudy day and it got rained on, but I experimented on the way home tonite trying to break loose the tires on the wet road, I am happy to say the quattro works better than the ASR on the FWD ever did. I also think the build quality has gone up a little, the whole car seems a little tighter than the old one, although the new car smell is almost toxic right now. Overall I think the 225 will be a better platform for the modifications I would like to do, and I got the red because at least in these parts, silver TTs make up probably 75% of the ones you see.(Houston) Anyway, I am happy, the salesman acted like he thought I would change my mind when the car actually came in (ordered in October), but it was pretty easy really. By the way, I removed the custom made hitch for bike rack from the old car, it will only fit on FWD models, anyone interested in it, email me.
Old 01-14-2001, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TT number two in the house (kind of long)

Always interested in hearing what people think (experience) with a mk I to mk II suspension upgrade. Thanks.

Cheers,