TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT Performance Chips

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-1999, 01:37 PM
Ty

Default TT Performance Chips

I wanted to know if anyone knew of a company in the Los Angeles area that is doing chip upgrades on TT's. I just bought the TT Quattro last week. Also, I just spoke to someone at T.A.P. in Florida and wanted to know if anyone has used their services before and could give me an idea of their overall reputation (I am considering FedExing them my TT computer if no one in LA does quality work). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-07-1999, 07:17 PM
Jim Lee

Default Re: TT Performance Chips

Hi Ty.

I have a TT Quattro and I've found several places to get performance parts. TAP is one of them and I think they must have a pretty good reputation because my dealer recommends their chip and in fact will install the various other parts offered to jack up the horse power. They offer n air cleaner which ups the HP by 7. A Scorpion exhaust (just the muffler and the tail pipe) which adds some more HP. Between the chip, the exhaust, and the air filter, my dealer said it jacked up the HP to around 238 or some number around there. I am considering the upgrades but I want to be perfectly clear that Audi will honor the warrantee, so I'm going to wait awhile.

Good Luck,

Jim Lee
Old 10-08-1999, 07:30 AM
Ty

Jim-

My dealer mentioned that there were a number of chips on the market and I asked that very question: would installing any/all of these aftermarket additions void the warranty? He said that it would not. It is worth double checking though. I am going down to my dealer today to take care of some paperwork, so I will ask him the question again. I will post his answer when I get back.
Old 10-08-1999, 04:50 PM
Jim Lee

I almost forgot to tell you that I found a local distributor of TAP here in the Chicago area. I don't know where you are, but you might not have to send the ECU to Flordia. If you find out any warrantee info could you please e-mail me. I'm at jlee@stans.com. Thanks Ty.
Old 10-09-1999, 03:39 AM
DennyA

How much do performance chips cost? How big a difference? (nt)