TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Turbo Flutter and slight delay-After New Stock Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 10:52 PM
Back axle behind the ears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you have about as much luck with cars as I do...
Old 03-09-2019, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Took the car to Audi. I kept getting an intermittent P0130 reading. They fixed the intermitten O2 reading by changing the connector to the O2. The car still will not boost. So I took it back. After several days, they said they found two pinhole holes in the downpipe and it needed changing. They said they got O2 and MAF codes come up, so the pinholes are probably causing it. I had them change it. They said the car ran to spec now. Apparently the service manager drove the car, who has the exact same car, and said that it drives to spec just like his. I was super excited!!! I picked up the car and it is not boosting. $3k later and the car is still not boosting

I can hear the turbo spooling but it is not boosting like when i got the car. I mean, when this car is boosting..it feels like it is gliding on ice. It is exhilarating to drive. Now, though its still a pretty good driving car..it definitely is not boosting.

I just don't know what to do.

Anyone in the SF Bay willing to help me before I put the car up for sale for $2K. I doubt I will get more.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stevehayes01
It is possible it may have a vacuum leak still.. I would test just to be sure. How does the car run in the cold mornings or evening?
I have a B8 A4 that I installed a aftermarket blow off valve in, a GFB diverter valve that ECS tuning sells. I started having pretty much the same issue as this post and it does not always flutter. Only when the car is cold or when its colder outside. When it has warmed up, the car does not seem to have trouble with boost. I put in the diverter valve and it was fine for ten months or more then all of sudden it started this flutter thing. Could there possibly be anything wrong with my turbo? When I bought the car they told me they had replaced the turbo. Im just wondering if the Turbo would work intermittently. After reading this post , Im really thinking there is a vac leak in the intake and Im going to have it tested this week.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I eventually went back to Audi. They found a tiny hole on the hard pipe. I want to say it was right before the Catalytic converter. Tripping my 02 sensors and going into limp mode. Once that was changed, i was finally able to get the car smogged, but honestly the car never boosted the way it did before. Once a a big while, i would hear the turbo spool and i did get the boost and feeling like the car was gliding on ice. It was smooth and nice. But only once in a long while and only for a few seconds then it goes back to feeling like a regular 4 cyc car. I took it back to Audi, and all Audi said was that it runs to spec, so there was nothing they could do.

Now the car is sitting in the driveway. 12 mos. and battery now dead. I bought a 2016 BMW 328I. NO power, nothing special, but gets me to work and back everyday. Not fun to drive, but the TT was no longer fun to drive either with it not boosting anymore.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by carolhern
I eventually went back to Audi. They found a tiny hole on the hard pipe. I want to say it was right before the Catalytic converter. Tripping my 02 sensors and going into limp mode. Once that was changed, i was finally able to get the car smogged, but honestly the car never boosted the way it did before. Once a a big while, i would hear the turbo spool and i did get the boost and feeling like the car was gliding on ice. It was smooth and nice. But only once in a long while and only for a few seconds then it goes back to feeling like a regular 4 cyc car. I took it back to Audi, and all Audi said was that it runs to spec, so there was nothing they could do.

Now the car is sitting in the driveway. 12 mos. and battery now dead. I bought a 2016 BMW 328I. NO power, nothing special, but gets me to work and back everyday. Not fun to drive, but the TT was no longer fun to drive either with it not boosting anymore.
audi s4 tuning wiki. Garrett turbo will get you some boost. But if you want anything above 300 hp you might want to consider high beam rods.