TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Way OT: I live with blood-thirsty, murderous, beast...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2001, 09:37 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way OT: I live with blood-thirsty, murderous, beast...

On our afternoon outing today, Henri (Boo-Boo, when he is well-behaved) made a B-line for a rabbit on the edge of the woods. Normally, this would not cause me concern, as the bunnies make for the undergrowth and escape being the entre in his constant and varied moveable feast... Or, if by some horrible chance, his blood-lust is sated, I never witness the gruesome event...

Alas, such was not the case today... I followed him into the woods after a prolonged absence and utter disreguard of my calls for him. (He's from a rescue and none of his previous three owners made any leighway in terms of training, but he's getting there.... slowly...) I won't horrify with the gruesome scene I happened upon, but suffice it to say that the dim-witted momma bunny decided to return to her nest (lair???), where Henri happened upon her and her pups... I can only imagine the scene that followed... All I found were assorted bunny parts strewn right and left... I am still traumatized... Henri is napping (apparently, bunny murder is a more strenous task than it might seem) and he has a little smirk on his face... Bad Boo Boo!!!

Well, now the pragmatist (gourmand) in me wonders: what's the best way to prepair wild, fresh-caught, rabbit? I was thinking on a spit, stuffed w/ Italian Sausage and fennel? Served with an excellent petit syrah I know...
Old 07-15-2001, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think this is about as off topic as i've ever seen. How about braised with fennel and thyme?

served with a lingonberry sauce, new reds, snap peas, and a blackberry dessert wine?
I think I am getting hungry.
Brian
Old 07-15-2001, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Or unjugged with halibut ?

<ul><li><a href="http://www.humorlinks.com/python/sketches/bishop.htm">http://www.humorlinks.com/python/sketches/bishop.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 07-15-2001, 09:52 AM

Default Screw the petit syrah- I never had one that wasn't a syrah wannabe. Hermitage goes best with rabbit!

Of course if the petit syrah is blended into a Ridge Zin (I prefer the Geyserville), then by all means! ^^^^^
Old 07-15-2001, 09:53 AM
Elder Member

Damn, Henri the RabbiTT Killer. I think we have a new definition of off-topic "hare-raising".
Old 07-15-2001, 09:59 AM
Elder Member

Mmmm... Lingonberry sauce... I could do without the dessert wine, but the rest sounds fab!!!
Old 07-15-2001, 10:00 AM
Elder Member

Hermitage -perhapsh, yesh... hmmm... re: petit syrah, have you tried Concannon's, my friend???
Old 07-15-2001, 10:02 AM
Elder Member

yesh, hence the "way" in the "way ot" you how know featers ruffle (& talons claw!) around here! ;-)
Old 07-15-2001, 10:04 AM
Elder Member

Hee, hee... TThanks for the link!!!
Old 07-15-2001, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Obviously, these rabbits where not related..

To the rabbit of Caerbannog.<ul><li><a href="http://www.stone-dead.asn.au/movies/holy-grail/au/21-05.au">http://www.stone-dead.asn.au/movies/holy-grail/au/21-05.au</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: Way OT: I live with blood-thirsty, murderous, beast...