TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

What comes first--TT or friend........>>(long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What comes first--TT or friend........>>(long)

I just headed out and picked up a friend to go to the movies-- someone who rarely drives when we get together and usually announces the time that I am to pick her up. We got to what I thought was the theatre (I turned into the wrong shopping center) and I said( before realizing that there was no theatre) that I would drop her off and I would go park far away.Since getting a $600 dent/ding in a parking lot,I always try to park defensively--far out and at an end so there can only be another car on one side of me. She has experienced this with me before.

She jumped my case and said that she didn't understand what my fixation was with my car and that I was crazy--its just a car, yada yada.(This is a woman who takes her dog to someones house to swim twice a day, every day--and she can't understand fixations).I repeated that I had offered to drop her off so she wouldn't be inconvenienced and asked why she should care about how I felt about my car.
When I suggested that she could drive next time so she could park wherever she wanted, she really went nuts... got nasty and accusatory so I turned around and drove her home. During the ride she called me some not very nice names and when we got there she SLAMMED the car door.(I think I really prefer passive agressive)

Should this friendship be saved?

Marsha
02 TTCQ moro/ebony
Old 01-08-2002, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Wow!

There's so much more to a friendship though, and friends are hard to come by.

But a friend should at least understand the desire to preserve one's valued possessions from damage or destruction. Especially such a beautiful car.

I do the same with mine.

So, talk to your friend, or for a another view, Abby, Landers, Emily Post or Miss Manners may have another take.

greensttone

'01 225HP TTC
Aviator gray/ebony
All options except nav and phone
Stratmosphere armrest
TT Valve Stem Caps
Old 01-08-2002, 03:12 PM

Default Just my opinion but......

We all have our fixations etc. Friends (in my mind) should like/love you for who and what we are. If she doesn't understand then ...k em.

Specially seeing as she does that thing with her dogs. Let it be for a while and then see how YOU feel (as oppose to her)
Old 01-08-2002, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hmmm, sounds like an old Seinfeld episode. You don't need her counselor, you have the forum!

Default 1 word.....MACE!

spray in her general direction....
Gives her a reason to cry...
Bad enough to complain about your worries about a parking spot, (relax..I do the same)..but then to actually argue with you and disrespect your property by abusing it, shows right there what she thinks of you as a friend...Drop the "friend"

With friends like that who needs enemies?

Marcus

Default A friend should be more considerate... after all you drive her around!

Besides, it's never a fixation for another person until they're in your position.

I do the same thing you do with your car, but my girlfriend just shakes her head and gives me a peck on the cheek... haha
Old 01-08-2002, 03:17 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default She has major issues aside from your car. I had a friend go off on me

about the same thing, and we weren't even riding together. We arrived at the same time at a hotel that was hosting a large company event. I slipped the doorman some cash to let me park at the entrance to the hotel where the car would be close and safe = quick getaway when desired. She starting ranting at me about the rediculousness of my treatment of my car. I started laughing and asked her why it irritated her so much, my car not hers, my obsession not hers, what the hell business was it of hers where the heck I parked my car (basically, get over yourself). She just kept mumbling, and I walked away never to socialize with her again that evening. She has never brought it up again. BTW she fixes Christmas stockings for her dog, which is silly, but I find cute and totally understand. Perhaps there is some jealously, perhaps there is more going on underneath their outward problem with us and our cars. I never addressed it again, and it blew over. Would do the same as you did, and let her be the one to call you next time. Sounds like a friend I wouldn't have around for long... heavy lifting.
Old 01-08-2002, 03:17 PM

Default Sounds more like a lovers quarrel that's really about something else altogether.

Have you been squeezing the tooth paste tube instead of rolling it up?
Old 01-08-2002, 03:18 PM
Elder Member

Default This is an OUTRAGE, I tell you!!! <sputter, hiss, pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffbt!!!>

MAKE her apologize to the car... NO!!! to the slighted and possibly injured door!!! I mean, if you kicked the pooch or stepped on his tail (by mistake, of course), she would expect the same, ne c'est pas???
Old 01-08-2002, 03:23 PM

Default OH, PUHLEEEZE !!! What are you suggesting here? she is just someone I know >>>

(in the NON-biblical sense, I must add) ;-P
Marsha

Quick Reply: What comes first--TT or friend........>>(long)