TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

What defects/issues have you experinced?Waranty expiring soon n i have questions for ya all.PLZ help

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 12:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What defects/issues have you experinced?Waranty expiring soon n i have questions for ya all.PLZ help

I did my homework before buying the car and by now i know that main defects were Overheating issues and Windows sometimes not going all the way up. I have all them, incuding the one with the cluster, where my gas gauge was running back and forward. Once i was standing on a gas station, just checked the gauge, was 1/3 full. Next moment the arrow goes to minimum and stays there. Computer shows 0 miles to be driven on tank! I knew i was fine, unless my tank would have a big ar$$ hole, which it didnt. But i still pumped in a little gas, just in case.

So i was wondering what folks here have issues with other than those? I think i saw some have weak control arms, bushings?

Im really freaking out bout what will happen once i run out of warranty. And im still not too sure whether i should CPO it. I know very little about extended warranties.

TIA

P.S. Ohh and sorry for bothering by posting same question in a "follow-up" and "new thread".
Old 08-24-2006, 12:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I am in the same boat, pretty much getting all of them.....

can you get the windows and cluster fixed by warranty?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PLZ. >

shorten your sig a little.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Got my cluster replaced under the CPO warranty for only some mising pixels.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

CPO EVERYTHING....it's only $50 a shot...not what I'd call a waste of money...
Old 08-24-2006, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have gotten two new clusters under CPO...

The last one I picked up a week before the end of my CPO
Old 08-24-2006, 05:04 AM
Banned

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can go to your Preferences and turn off Signatures. I did it a long time ago.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yes, I know >

but I 'generally' like to see them, and it helps me if I'm responding to an issue to know what mods or what car someone's got.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:57 AM

Default Re: What defects/issues have you experinced?Waranty expiring soon n i have questions for ya all.PLZ

I posted yesterday regarding my failed instrument cluster, and my windows won't go up all the way. As a result of all these failures I've decided to put the car up for sale.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cluster should be NO Problem...

...I didnt even have to point out it needs to be replaced because of my gas gauge problem(i have it VIDEO taped by a Digital Camera that has built-in video!). I had those overheating problems, and my fan didnt kick in. First call from service wile my car was in there (more than a week now!) and they say "we're replacing your cluster, seems like its the problem". I still dont get why both of my fans are not working while driving/idling. They only seem to get to work when i turn on the AC. Than, both of them start working at the same time. To me it looks like the relay had gone wrong, but all they changed is the cluster. Well, lets see! Im picking the car up from dealer in couple hours.

To me it seems if you have one issue, either window, overheating or instrument cluster, you will be fetting the "whole set" ---> aka all of them together. Im do not think those issues come by one. If the bug is in there, hes gonna get'em all. So you better check all those problems WHILE YOU ON WARRANTY !!!! 4 WEEKS IN MY CASE !!!!!!! BOY, AM I FREAKING OUT !!!!

Good luck!

Quick Reply: What defects/issues have you experinced?Waranty expiring soon n i have questions for ya all.PLZ help