TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Where are all of the dyno slips and information? Michael, Cliff, Dave??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2001, 03:53 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are all of the dyno slips and information? Michael, Cliff, Dave??????

Did all of your cars just blow up and you are all crying? What is the story?????

At least one of us is awaiting the results! Please if you are not going to post the data, at the very least e-mail me the information!
Old 04-14-2001, 04:06 PM

Larry do you have the Bently cd?
Old 04-14-2001, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Been a long wonderful day...7 hrs at the dyno and lots of info coming...

got home and 02BNME, Ellen and I cleaned on cars and now heading for dinner. But YES...lots of info and results...some very surprising. Will be posting on Sunday charts and details...more TTs came in than scheduled, a S4 and a A6...and also Dan (MachV) will also be posting some on their site...and yes thank you Dan for lunch etc. I have a lot of info/#s to digest to make sense of this all....I love doing this type of testing...
See you all on Sunday...
Old 04-14-2001, 04:28 PM

Re: Hurry, hurry! (please?)
Old 04-14-2001, 04:36 PM

Default Michael is in charge of posting info... suffice it to say dynos are a great thing

I found out that my car has a problem (probably with the boost solinoid) that I figured was just me being picky. The dyno chart showed it very clearly when I did a run with the stock chip in.

I'll take that graph to my service guy and say fix it. ;-)
Old 04-14-2001, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Larry...having trouble with email server tonight, but the news is NOT good from this quarter.

I am sending you the two charts, whenever the trouble with my email server is cleared up. In fact, the email is in the outbox, which is set to send/receive every 5 minutes. Hopefully you'll get it soon.
Old 04-14-2001, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yes, all the cars did blow up -- they set us up the bomb!...

michael will post full results tomorrow. interestingly, ellen and i both have the apr chip, but she has a 225 while i have a 180 (she has a roadster and i have a coupe, and she has a forge-milltek exhaust while i have an mtm -- these should not have made any difference), and she posted a 48 higher peak hp than i did. almost exactly the difference between a 180 and a 225!

not earthshattering, but i found it interesting.
Old 04-14-2001, 05:08 PM
Elder Member

Default I'm leaving this one to Michael...I'm not quite certain how to interpret my results at this point

HP and Torque are good, though. Curves are a little flakey. I'm not entirely happy with the fuel/air aspects of my car either. Probably no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I'm not as elated as I could be.

I think it's going to take Michael a few hours of work to lend some meaning to the results, BTW. So many curves, so many interpretations. I'd guess there are going to be early "results" tomorrow with some interesting additional findings in the weeks ahead. Just a hunch, of course.
Old 04-14-2001, 06:11 PM
Elder Member

yes I do have it.
Old 04-14-2001, 06:14 PM
Elder Member

Default I am not looking for anyone to interpret the results for me/us . . .

I am just looking for someone to scan in each dyno slip and say whose is who and what was done on each run.

There are much more qualified people on this forum to read these results than any of you guys, not trying to offend anyone, but those are the facts. Send all of the info to Jon (SmallTTs), he does this for a living, he will be able to explain each and every dyno run! He has most likley been involved in more dyno runs that even the people that did the runs for you guys today!

Really, just take the 30 minutes to scan the results and post them. Give your writeups tomorrow.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Where are all of the dyno slips and information? Michael, Cliff, Dave??????