TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

YES!!! Just paid for the coilovers on my stock trade!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YES!!! Just paid for the coilovers on my stock trade!

$900 off a $1200 investment.. G-d I am good! Wish I had bought more shares now! Almost quadrupled my position the other day. No looking back. MORE MOD MONEY!!! WOOHOOO!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:34 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congratulations!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:36 AM

Don't forget capital gain tax. :-)
Old 08-06-2002, 09:46 AM

Default Well I have a bit of a credit coming to me because of my OLD financial advisor...

Now I am doing it myself as I always should have.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Just remember that you can't return em' after they're installed in case of a bad stock trade!
Old 08-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wrong grasshoppah!...

As a professional financial advisor, let me say that the do-it-yourselfers have often destroyed themselves in a way that wouldn't have happened with a good, experienced financial advisor.

When the market was high, so many were wanting to take on so much risk and I was begging them not to do it. I could have a beer with you and spend hours telling you stories of dumb things that clients and prospects wanted to do.

The huge majority of individuals should be working with a professional advisor and following their advice most of the time. This is not "sales talk" but is absolutely my sincere belief.

Understand that there can be great differences in the quality, competency, experience and integrity of various advisors out there, so it's important to do your homework.

Having said that, I'm glad you made money gambling on the market (which is what short-term trades are) and I hope you enjoy your coilovers. Just don't let this fool you into creating that false bravado that has financially devistated so many do-it-yourselfers over the course of the past few years.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:47 AM

<grabs a cup of coffee and puts his feet up to watch>
Old 08-06-2002, 11:44 AM

Default I completely agree... but I do have a background which qualifies me as a professional...

I used to do this for a living. I have watched many do-it-yourselfers destroy themselves. In fact we had some clients (doctors) who decided that if we could make money trading, then their housewives could do the same. 3 separate docs gave their wived between 50 and 75 thousand... it was gone in a period of weeks.

I completely agree with your statement "I could have a beer with you and spend hours telling you stories of dumb things that clients and prospects wanted to do." I have more stories like the above.

Almost everyone should be working with a professional advisor. This is very true. I do carefully invest money. Sometimes I make calculated trades which seem like gambling, but are often based off of intimate knowledge of the trading activity of the stock (read: technical analysis). However, I do not buy into companies (if I plan on holding them for longer than intraday trading) which I don't think have strong fundmentals.

Once the bubble burst, it showed who had it and who did not. Most... did not. Money in the market is neither created nor destroyed per se, and some people (mosly firms and markey makers) made killings watching others lose their shirts.

I am an experienced trader. I do trade options also, I am NOT saying that ANYONE should try to do this on their own. And I am NOT saying that my results are reproduceable.

I personally feel very comfortable making my own investment decisions, and do NOT advocate people taking money that they 1. Cannot afford to lose 2. Need in the near future and putting it in the stock market. However, this is the time where 5 to 10 years from now everyone will be saying "How come I didn't get back in then?"

I hope that I addressed your concerns, and I completely agree with you. However, as a financial advisor, you should understand that I am not gambling, and day-trading (though I have held this for a few days) is not gambling either... when you A) Know what you are doing and B) Know what you are investing in.

And again. Do NOT try to reproduce these results on your own. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to reproduce my results. BTW, what are you doing away from your Level 2 during trading hours? Get in there and MAKE SOME MONEY! Thanks.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:45 AM

<leans back and sighs, as I thought that we had called a truce>
Old 08-06-2002, 12:17 PM

I like positive responses!