TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

You like, 'em, and you are frustrated by them. Similar post to Jim TT

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You like, 'em, and you are frustrated by them. Similar post to Jim TT

My TTroadster has been at Carousel here in Mpls. for 2 days, in the "on-call" service plan. You drop off the car and wait, essentially.

My #15 fuse keeps blowing, for the "Inst. cluster-automatic Gearbox"
I very easiliy and politely told them this on Wed, saying also the ESP lite is on, the center disiplay area in the inst. cluster is out, the clock resets, and the trip odometer resets, giving them a DTC code that relates to a steering Angle Sensor.

Service Manager calls today, saying the tech last nite left a rambling vmail, saying the fuse blowing is the result of my after-market wiring(!)
I have my radar detector and after-market alarm wired in there, all very neat in it's own wire loom.
I explained to the Ser. Man. that I have had the car for 2 years, these mods were done since then, that my wiring doesn't come close to this fuse that is blowing.
Why is this the first time this fuse is blowing?
The tech HAS NOT connected my car to their VAG tool yet.
I ask the Ser. Man. if they are familiar with the PC-based VAG-COM. They are. I give them the reading I got, DTC 00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85) - No Communications.
Again, politely ask if failure of this sensor, used for the ESP system, could cause the fuse to blow, and the ESP lite to be on?
Yes, we will check this at noon when the tech. comes back.

I have a very good working relationship with this Ser. Man., and the other techs, parts and sales people at Carousel. I am a bit frustrated because I gave them this info. 2 days ago.
We left our conversation in a cordial manner, but I'm a bit miffed at their cavalier approach to this, and them accusing me of neglect, etc. with my own personal wiring.
I will paitently wait a few more hours for this to be resolved before I call others in on this, but it just goes to show you, sometimes you have good results, other times you don't.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry to hear that "how DARE they question your electric skills" !

Sure you'll get it sorted asap
Old 09-27-2002, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they persist in this, I plan to have them *show* me where my wiring is shorting.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:30 AM
Elder Member

THE DIRTY RAT BASTARDS!!!
Old 09-27-2002, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

IDIOTS!!!!! Don't they realize that you're the "Electronics God", Jeez!! School those rookies.