TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Zaino Comments

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agree with number 4.

The wheel treatment is horrible. Its a POS. I think I am gonna go pick up Black Magic this weekend. I don't know about the rest of the Zaino products but the wash and the Gloss Enhancer works wonders on my car, cause its the fastest color of course. :-D
Old 06-13-2001, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Get the Porter-Cable!
Old 06-13-2001, 01:15 PM

Re: check www.zainobros.com
Old 06-13-2001, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I never wash or Zaino my car in the sun, and never have I had the problems you describe...

If I remember correctly, only a couple of the steps may be performed on a hot surface in the sun. My car looks great after I Zaino it.

Z6 is supposed to help repel dust, though I've found the car gets dusty no matter what. I live in a dry climate, and I accept that the car will get dusty fast. No polish will really help that IMO.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:28 PM

Default Yeah...

Yeah, I have the black magic wheel treatment and I used it on my old car. It worked pretty well.. I think better than the Zaino, but I will see next time I wash and try it.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:29 PM

As opposed to DSL ? haha
Old 06-13-2001, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just forget all these 100 Zaino steps period :)

Seems like alot of work for alot of frustration. I'll stick with the Klasse products and a good wax.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:31 PM
Elder Member

Default some answers for you . . .

1. Zaino does not contain Silicone, so I don't know why you are getting those oily blotches.

2. The only dirt I am collecting is from all of the road construction going on in my neighborhood and also the sand swirling through the air because I live close to the beach. The house is always filled with sand!

3. I love the leather treatment! You just need to make certain you coat all of the surfaces with the stuff. I would guess any product would come out blotchy if parts are not covered. But that is just a guess.

4. The wheel treatment is not supposed to be shiny! It is a satin finish. If you like the high-gloss Armor-All type of finish, then the Z-18 is not for you. Use it on the inside of the car instead. I use the Z-18 on the dash and ALL plastic surfaces that are textured. This includes the plastic covers in the engine compartment as well.

As for the direct sunlight? I have no choice, with very little shade on my street and no garage to use. I wash and wax my car in direct sun light. The temperature extremes I have used Zaino in: 27* F in the winter, on a cloudy day and a high of 96*F in direct sunlight.

The wax, all of them dry within 15-20 minutes. How long do you allow the Z-2/Z-5 to dry? How much Z-6 are you spraying on at a time?

Some tips/tricks:

For the Z-2/Z-5, start on the roof and work your way around the entire car. Once you are finished the Z-2/Z-5 should be dry for you to buff it off. If it is not, then clean the interior and then the outside will be dry.

Z-6: This is applied VERY sparingly! It is also applied in small areas at a time. Again, begin with the roof and work your way around the car. You should have the sprayer adjusted to not actually spray on the car, but instead "spit" on the car. Apply in 12x12 areas. Turn the towel frequently as you apply. This makes a HUGE difference.

Try those things and let me know how it works next time. You can always call Sal and he will get on the phone personally and help you out.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:35 PM
Elder Member

not alot of work or frustration at all. I have never had trouble and find it to be very easy to use
Old 06-13-2001, 01:36 PM

Default Well...

3. I apply it liberally with an applicator pad ALL over. Like it said, it looks great when first applied. The seats are all shiny and wet without any missed spots. Then in a day it will be splotchy.

4. Ah.. well, then I will try another. Wheel treatment not shiny.. thats like polish not being shiny..

Z6: Maybe the spit will be better than the spray I am using. I do turn the towel and I do small areas.

Thanks Larry!

Quick Reply: Zaino Comments