TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

***Avoid*** Valenti Motors - Watertown, CT

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

996CAB,

Would you be upset if you hired a plumber or other service person and they came in and scratched up your new hardwood floors because they were careless?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chabot150
996CAB,

Would you be upset if you hired a plumber or other service person and they came in and scratched up your new hardwood floors because they were careless?
exactly, chabot is correct, price of vehicle does not matter. if you take something to someone and it gets damaged, where does the fact it is "mass produced audi" have anything to do with it? chabot, don't sweat this guy from hampshire, he has to list all his vehicles, one has "bucket seats", and his Q7 has "privacy glass and more". he must be a real winner, so don't sweat it bro! He talks about his lambo, but has to list these little items on his signature. good luck with the car.

rick
Old 11-25-2009, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Chabot,

I agree with hawkpilot. 996CAB is either a troll, idiot or both.....and should be summarily dismissed.

NEXT!

BosTTon
Old 11-27-2009, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I can't believe this thread. Chabot has been completely appropriate in his posts and his response. I would be furious if this happened to my car, and would contact the dealer's owner, GM, service manager, and AoA. I would demand the car be made right. 996Cab, just because you can afford a Lamborhini, and you don't give a crap if your car gets scratched, most of us enthusiasts on this and other boards care a great deal for our cars and DO care if they are damaged while at a dealership for service. I would be the first to complain, on a public forum such as this, about an unsatisfactory experience at a dealership. And believe me, AoA cares a great deal about its customers and does what it can to keep them happy. They worked closely with me on two Audis I had problems with - a 2008 S4 that wouldn't shift properly, and my 2008 TT s-line roadster whose top needed repair on five occasions. Both AoA and the dealer made the situation right in all cases.

We have an expression in America - the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you don't care if your Porsches, Lamborghinis, or Audis are damaged while being repaired, good for you. The rest of us damn well care!!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Around ten years ago I had a problem with a local Audi Dealer scratching one of my wheels while the car was serviced. Of course they denied doing it, and I couldn't prove that they did the damage. Subsequent to that visit I always have the Service Writer make a very careful examination of the car's interior and exterior and have him write on the service order that the car has no observable damage to the body, wheels, and interior leather. I have never had a problem with any of my cars being damaged when being serviced when this thorough inspection takes place.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

During one of the visits for my convertible top repair, the center console leather was damaged with several indentations). When I pointed this out to the service advisor, he immediately acknowledged it, and they got their leather restorer in to fix it. It's now undetectable. My dealer knows I'm a perfectionist, and they have worked with me over the years and never have given me a hard time if there is the least bit of cosmetic or other damage done during a service visit. It's always been made right, which is why I continue to go back to them.