TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2009 TTS Fog Light Grille

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 TTS Fog Light Grille

Hi, I have a 2009 TTS and had to replace the passenger fog light grille after hitting a racoon, which broke the entire piece off. I noticed that a solid piece of plastic was installed behind the grille, completely covering the opening. This piece was not there when I bought the car and was wondering if it is actually part of the original body or not. Recently while driving on interstate and going over a rough bridge, that grille broke off again while that solid piece remained. I dont know if that extra piece had anything to do with it breaking off again. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Passenger grille without solid piece behind

Close up of solid piece
Old 11-30-2018, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

The fog light grill snaps into place on my '13 TTS. I don't think there are any screws at all. So my guess is that it wasn't set properly. Check for the solid piece to be properly in place so it doesn't hinder the grill itself.

I've removed the solid pieces altogether. I'm looking for better brake cooling, and I left them off after replacing the fog lights with LED. I'll admit that I don't know if it's helping the brakes at all.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you DissenTTS for the information. After spending $125 for the part and $60 for labor, to find out that it simply snaps into place irritates me that it fell off!!! The job probably took less than 15 minutes, and it wasn't installed properly. Again, thank you for your help.
​​​
Old 01-28-2019, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Where to purchase 2009 Audi TT fog light grille?

Where did you purchase the fog light grille covers? I can't seem to find any. Is it just me or do these just fall off? I am on a second pair now and the previous place I purchased them doesn't carry them anymore.

Thanks,
D
Old 02-12-2019, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rcdcpowers
Where did you purchase the fog light grille covers? I can't seem to find any. Is it just me or do these just fall off? I am on a second pair now and the previous place I purchased them doesn't carry them anymore.

Thanks,
D
​​​​Hi D, I take my car to Toy Barn Cars in Dublin, OH for all work. They ordered the OEM part for me. I was told that the part simply snaps into slots on the piece behind the grille cover. It is not secured any other way. In my case, when I struck the racoon, it caused enough damage to bend the piece behind the solid piece that is behind the grille cover, so it did not fit snugly. They agreed that it should not have fallen off and replaced the part free of charge. I asked them to somehow secure it with a hidden screw(s). That is what they did, with no labor charge. I was pleased with their handling of the matter. I feel confident the part will remain secure now.