TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2012 Audit TTRS 2.5T

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by northendriod
The price quoted included a stage 1 swirl removal, oxidization removal then application of the Opticoat. The detailer actually want to see the car so he could give me an accurate quote. The car was 5 year's old but luckily the previous owner took great care of the car and it only required a stage 1 swirl removal. Depend on the condition of the clear coat more aggressive correction maybe required. Opticoat is a great product I constantly get compliment about the paint at car shows and a must for black cars. The ease of washing and cleaning is worth every penny.
Great, thanks. If you don't mind me asking, what was your all-in cost? I want to have a ballpark whenI start shopping around. I'm assuming it will not be that different just south of the line here in Burlington.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by das2.7t
Great, thanks. If you don't mind me asking, what was your all-in cost? I want to have a ballpark whenI start shopping around. I'm assuming it will not be that different just south of the line here in Burlington.
The cost was $1,200 CDN, I'm heading to Burlington next month attending Wolfsgart if you'd like to see what the finish product looks like. Could meet you at the show or somewhere else if you like. Opticoat is the only one that bonds to the clear coat, other say they're ceramic coating but it's accomplished thru multiple layers and why they don't last as long. Did a lot of research before deciding which product to go with. It maybe more money but worth every penny IMO.

Here is a Vortex member that I have a lot of confidence in his opinion and he can answer any of your question his name is Christoph Ambrosch he has a blog, podcast and does live video on instagram all places you can get your questions answered. Here is his website:

​​​​​​https://www.thebeardeddetailer.com/

Last edited by northendriod; 07-06-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Installed the 034 Motorsport rear sway bar and adjustable end links on the Audi today.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Got the Haldex flashed with United Motorsport software at Stancedubs today:

https://stancedubs.com/

​​​​​​

Performance Mode: When requesting the most performance from your car, the software passes more torque to the rear, while still retaining drive-ability and keeping within hardware limits. Performance requested is based on pedal position. The harder you press the pedal, the more torque the software will transfer to the rear.

ECO Mode: While cruising the software decouples any drive to the rear, this creates better fuel economy while cruising. Also decreases wear on an expensive non serviceable part. ECO mode is automatically engaged when your car moving along the road at steady speed, at the same for throttle position. For Example, if you are driving down the road at a steady 70 mph this will engage ECO mode. At any point, if wheel spin is detected, 4wd will be engaged.

Variable Brake Distribution: While braking the software applies appropriate torque to the rear. This makes the car more stable in a hard braking situation, unlike stock which disengages the 4-motion clutch this software keep the torque to the rear wheel while braking, offering a far more aggressive deceleration capability. A MAJOR part of this control software modification is vehicle speed, which prevents any binding of the drive train whilst steering at ANY low speeds (ie trying to park the car).

Unlike HPA Performance Controller which you physically replace the Haldex Module, this utilizes the stock module and the tune is flashed directly to the Haldex module and not the ECU. Should the Haldex require replacement you bring it to a UM dealer and they'll re-flash the the new one.

Stock Haldex is front wheel bias with this software the max. torque transfer is 50/50.

Last edited by northendriod; 07-11-2018 at 03:04 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Change out the Glow Shift Boost Gauge, dark face made it hard to see during the day (these are cheap gauges and you get what you pay for). Replaced with a Podi Boost Gauge boost line goes to a sensor which drive the stepper motor in the gauge, gauge can be programmed to warning an over-boost condition. Nice quality gauge.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Picked up used 034 Motorsport Cold Air Intake, R8 oil and coolant caps, R8 coilpack (not installed yet), install 034 Motorsport dog bone bushing and billet dog bone. AWE intercooler.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Last run this fall before putting it to sleep for the winter

Old 01-29-2019, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by northendriod
Installed the 034 Motorsport rear sway bar and adjustable end links on the Audi today.
I'm considering a rear sway bar, so am curious about your results. What difference have you seen while daily driving, while driving spirited, on the track, etc?
Old 07-11-2020, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@northendriod
I am in Ottawa and just picked up an identical car. Panther Black TTRS Plus.
Your car looks mint! Mine is in pretty good shape at 74k.
I have the HPA Dog Bone mount, Tyrol sport Collar, 034 bushings, mid pipe, a united motor sports stage 1 tune and KW3 coil overs.
I have big plans for this car and was wondering if you were going to continue with the mods?

I am about to put in a CTS intercooler, down pipe, Stage 2+ clutch and upgrade to a stage 2 tune.

If you plan to track the car we should meet up. I am going to track it at Calabogie starting in August.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Congratulation on your new ride, I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off schedule so I'm not away flexible with the dates. I'd suggest you join Kapital Klasse Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/2926917114047802/ they meet regularly good fun group based in Ottawa looking forward to chatting and meeting up with you. Yes, I still modding the car. Do you still have the front OEM rotors? I would suggest tracking the car with them, I read about guys cooling the calliper with the stock rotors on one track outing. I've upgraded mine to Girodisc and pads, hight temperature brake fluid, S.S braided brake lines, upgraded the clutch to Sache Performance. United Motorsport tune gets your more HP by doing air intake and downpipe.

Added oil pressure gauge with custom oil sensor mount:
​​​​​​

​​​​​​

Girodisc Rotors:
​​​​​​

Blew the clutch on the track:
​​​​​​

Next is a CTS downpipe I'm getting for cheap it' doesn't fit well but it can be fixed, the two flanges that meet up with the mid-pipes need cut and re-welded at the price I got the DP at it's worth the effort.

Some esthetic stuff Spyder rear taillights and blacked out the from headlights:

Last edited by northendriod; 07-12-2020 at 03:18 AM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Audit TTRS 2.5T