TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Audi DSG Recall done?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi DSG Recall done?

I am new to this forum. I have a 2009 Audi TT with DSG Quattro. I got a letter about the DSG recall so I took it to the dealer last Friday. When I picked up the car I noticed the dash looked a bit different. Then I realized that it used to had PRNDS and then there was a number to the right when I was in D or S that showed what gear I was in. Now it is gone. Anyone else have this change? Thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had this done last week and also lost the gear indicator when in D or S. I find this very useful and important (if in S and want to initiate a 2 gear downshift it is faster to know what gear you are in than to spend the extra second to calculate the rpm change this will produce). Audi had me bring back the car as they believed thy could restore it with a flash adjustment. They could not restore the prior functionality and were at a loss to explain. I am still waiting to hear back regarding the restoration of this feature.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have 2009 TT-S.
I lost my gear indicators, too. Which sucks. I would not have done the update, since I didn't have any problems with DSG.
I totally agree with earlier post that it is very helpfull to know what gear you are in.

My parking aid also no longer works, which I noticed in the evening after my update. I have to call to see what dealer will do.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I saw this posted somewhere else and I cant comment or confirm it but the posted mentioned that the cars were being flashed with the 2010 DGS software. This ELIMINATES the DIS showing you which gear your in. So rather than re-write for our cars to retain that feature, they got lazy and just applied the 2010. Again, cant confirm 100% but I would suggest EACH and every one of you call AOA to complain
Old 11-12-2009, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default current gear indicator in dis lost

Audi called me yesterday regarding the loss of the current gear indicator on the dis. They said they are fully aware of the problem (to be expected) and that they are working on as new flash to restore the current gear indicator. They said not to expect this before January. Not really pleased, but at least they are aware and working on it.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

good to hear, im in canada and had the flash done as well, not happy and not enjoying the DSG as much either ... how did audi not realize this was going to happen? i would hope they get a new flash to fix it sooner than later.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I called Audi and they recommended taking it back to the dealer. I took it to them and they basically told me that the software is the new 2010 dsg software and that the indicator is no longer supposed to be there. I called Audi back and told them I was not pleased that no one told me about this before I got the update. They told me the only thing they can do is file a complaint. They told me there was no current plans on writing another update to put this feature back in. They also said safety was their main concern and the indicator was not important. It is frustrating since the recall is for a temp sensor that could be bad. Instead of replacing the sensor they put in new software that ignores the sensor and takes away the gear indicator. The cheaper of the two fixes. Hope they get enough complaints and bring the indicator back.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Unfortunately, that is the exact opposite response that I got from Audi. Possibly it was a different department as they called me directly after a complaint about this issue (and followed it up with a web survey, which I did not assign high grades to). Wish that the company would provide uniform responses to basic issues such as this. It is not confidence inspiring, and this was not the car that we purchased.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:17 AM
ng5
AudiWorld Newcomer

crap; just took my car in today; now I wish i hadn't
Old 12-03-2009, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same deal here with gear indicator. KEEP CALLING AUDI BACK AND BACK AND BACK AND BITCHING. IT'S THE ONLY WAY THEY WILL FIX THIS.

Quick Reply: Audi DSG Recall done?