TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Audi TT Sports Mode

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BosTTon
I drive my TTR quite fast in the VT mountains frequently as I have a house in VT and another in Boston, MA. Always find it interesting the frequency my wife gets sick because of how aggressively I attack the mounatain road.....and plus/minus the mag ride, the difference is borderline trivial. JMHO but my feeling is that the mag ride option is just a gimmick....and a boring one at that.

Richard
I agree. The difference in my 2008 3.2 is subtle. I can tell the difference, but to me it’s not dramatic. What I can substantiate with data, is my lap time at the track is the same with and with out mag engaged. I would never pay extra for the mag option again. I freely concede that your experience may be different.

Dean
Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for all the feedbacks! What I could summarized from your responses is that Magnetic Ride seems to be more effective on a TTS rather than a TT. Richard and Dean both have a 3.2 TT do not find Magnetic Ride gives substantial improvement. Whereas Plan Man and SoSuMi have got a TTS found it to be dramatic!

What do you think?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AverageJoe
Thanks for all the feedbacks! What I could summarized from your responses is that Magnetic Ride seems to be more effective on a TTS rather than a TT. Richard and Dean both have a 3.2 TT do not find Magnetic Ride gives substantial improvement. Whereas Plan Man and SoSuMi have got a TTS found it to be dramatic!

What do you think?
I thought about that too. You may be on to something. TTS componentry and geometry is different and they are usually riding on 19" rims instead of 18s, which would make a difference, adding 255/35 rubber that gives increased response.

Lastly, I wonder how many out there are setting pressures correctly. Per the manual, there should be a three-pound difference between front and rear (32F/29R), yet the service techs set mine to 30lbs at all four corners at my 35K mile! Per the TTS door frame sticker, the set should be 35F/30R, and I have always set mine at 36F/31R to counteract some of the sidewall compliance of the F1s I have joyously used for years. Not only is the response great, but I have had absurdly even wear on my tires. If you're at the same pressure up front as in back, you're doing it wrong!

I feel a big difference at the push of a button, and again I wouldn't think of buying without the option if available...
Old 03-30-2012, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The Sport button on the TT RS turns it into a BEAST. Not exactly sure what all it does, but seems like more throttle response and definitely louder! And of course, it increases gas consumption At first I used it all the time, now not so often unless I just want to show off.

r