TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Everyone is complaining over and over that the TTRS needs to come here but...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone is complaining over and over that the TTRS needs to come here but...

Realistically, how many of you are going to fork down 65k+ for this car??? IMHO very few!
If and that is a big if the RS makes it here it will be fully optioned as standard like all the other RS's that make it stateside. I'm pretty sure the only option was NAV in previous RS's.
TTS manual would sell a lot more and has better business justification. TT/TTS sales suck big time in the states at the current moment.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well, theyd have no problem selling a $65K TT-RS if they slapped on one of those...

...R8 body kits on them.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:24 AM

Default Hell I'll sell my machine shop for one... hahahaha -realistically- lol

It's not makin me money anyway... Not anymore! hahahaha
Old 03-05-2009, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

hahahaha and actually market it as a "baby r8"... you're right, someone would buy it
Old 03-05-2009, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This car does not fit the mold of many RS models...

least of which is the options. Most RS models came well loaded...this has plenty of options...Nav, Wheels, hell even Mag Ride, optional interior trim etc....this thing will allow you to really add to the bottom line should you wish.

That said, to your question....I wouldnt pay 65-70k for this car...their are alot of other performance car options that I would look to first at that price point.

Me personally, I am not even looking to spend 65 on my next car...55k will be about the most I will go and I want to buy... my direction is for high displacement sedan/GT (with a useable backseat)...my short list....CPO RS4, S8 or S5. Or...CPO E63 or C63. With this economy the way that it is its a perfect chance to pick up that 80 to 115K sedan for .50 on the dollar with 15K miles, let some one else take the big hit and then hold onto it. ...thats where I am headed.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:12 AM

Default Give me mag ride & I'm a happy camper

I didn't need or want a nav system in an -RS.
Do it the old fashion way,,, read a map! Or for that matter pull out my old Garmin and use it on trips. I'd want the car for what it can do up here in the mountains!! And pssst,, Nav systems dont work up here.. Neither does Sirius or XM radio!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 AM

Default If I had 70 thousand, I would have the other 20 to buy a Carrera.

so dont have to worry about it!!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 AM

Default this is the last thing I'm going to write about this subject then in my mind

I'm accepting & coining the term, "let the chips fall where they might"..
In all seriousness one aspect, it does make more since today if Audi choose to sell the car to the US simply because the dollar is stronger then it's been in the past. Audi would see & realize more bang for the buck if they saw the demand. But we've already discussed that..
Old 03-05-2009, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Everyone is complaining over and over that the TTRS needs to come here but...

:Raises hand: Me!

...and here is why it makes sense for me. I keep my cars for 15+ years. I have a 98' GTI VR6 as a daily driver that I'll put 300K miles on. At the time I was considering the then new C5 Corvette, and the Acura Integra.

Anyhow, I made my choice (GTI) and I've never looked back or regretted it for a second. To this day I'll arrive at my destination and walk through the door with a grin on my face and say, "Man I love my car, what a blast to drive that thing is". Most people just shake their heads because they don't get it, but then they are driving Chevy Malibu's

I've always wanted an "RS" vehicle. In fact I had a deposit on an RS4 but I ultimately backed out of the deal as I did not want to pay the GG tax nor did I want to face the prospect of driving this car for 10+ years at 17mpg when fuel prices were approaching $4 per gallon.

Thus the TT/RS makes perfect sense to me. No GG tax, the same form factor as my GTI, the fit and finish of an Audi, etc... If the TT/RS does not come to NA then I will buy a TT/S instead, but there's that compromise I wrote about...
Old 03-05-2009, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need for the other 20K - a slighly used Carrera would still be less than 70K!

Quick Reply: Everyone is complaining over and over that the TTRS needs to come here but...