TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Forgive me for the stupid questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forgive me for the stupid questions...

...for now since I don't have my owner's manual yet--picking it up tomorrow. I checked the compartment in the back and there was no spare wheel? Do we just get the compressor? Also, there seems to be a pocket in the styro on the passenger side, but I don't know what it's for? Also, my plastic key was given to me with the tip broken off and when I asked the salesman about it, he said that it's ok since I have an unfobbed metal key and the plastic one doesn't start the car anyway. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but I'm ready to take this up with AoA if it appears that I am being bs'ed.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

correct.. no spare for me either.. othe stuff i dont know..
Old 01-04-2009, 03:58 PM

doh OEM summer tires don't come with compressor?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You ARE being bs'ed.

There should be a compressor regardless of the tire type (Run Flat or not.) There should also be a can of puncture sealant. This is likely what is missing from the pocket in the Styrofoam on the passenger side. There is no spare and no jack, but the other standard wheel changing tools should be there. The satellite radio receiver is also located back there on the driver side. If you have satellite radio there would either be a small (6" x 6" x 2") silver metal box with wires coming out of it (or an empty space that size if you do not.)

The plastic key DOES in fact start the car. It's a spare that you carry in your wallet or someplace safe for emergency use. I'd push them to get you another one. The "unfobbed key" the salesman was referring to is the valet key, not the plastic one.

Good luck and don't think there are any stupid questions, especially since you don't have the manual yet.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thinking before writing...

To me, that looked like a question posted by Wanta2009TT. Asking perhaps if OEM summer tires don't come with a compressor. (The question mark is what tipped me off.)

It's true that we should think before we write, but more importantly that our information is correct when we write.

Take it easy out there.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Thinking before writing...

yeah I was asking a question because mine is coming with OEM summer tires so wasn't sure if mine would have that can of goo
Old 01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I have called AOA (twice)

I have a 2008 Audi TT 3.2 with RF tires.
No compressor or Sealant.

After reading some posts on Audiworld.com... Some got the compressor and some got the compressor and Sealant. Go figure.
Anyway, I called AOA again and they confirmed that my vehicle does not come with the compressor or the sealant because of the run-flat tires.

Luck you for those who have them.
Roadside assistance is all i got.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thank you all very much for your responses...

-- gives me much ammo to set things right when I go see them tomorrow. I don't mind letting a few things slide like a two inch scratch on the passenger side, but when it's advertised to come with the car, it should be with the car at the point of sale. Just found out that there was supposed to be a front plate filler panel but there was a license plate frame there instead with filler panel nowhere to be found.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Pics?
Old 01-04-2009, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Pics?

Will take pics tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Forgive me for the stupid questions...