TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

I believe my transmission is slipping when I floor my tt

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I believe my transmission is slipping when I floor my tt

So I took my 2013 TTS to get fixed when my epc light had turned on. Mechanic said it was one of the coils. He replaced it and it works fine now except for when I floor it. So I floor it and I feel it kick/jolt about 3 times sometimes 2. I took it back to him to get it looked at but hes not gettimg any codes what so ever. Hes telling me that by changing the transmission fluid it may get fixed but that hes not sure. Can anyone tell me if theyve experienced this problem and how it got fixed if so.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many miles on it? Has it been serviced regularly? Is your mechanic very well versed with Audi? Which drive mode are you in/have you tried different drive modes? I strongly recommend getting an OBD diagnostic tool and logging app (I use DashCommand) and log all the data you can while testing, as it sometimes will give indicators where the problem(s) lie.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It has 62k miles on it and it does in all modes (reg/sport/manual). I have it serviced every 5k miles atleast for the oil. I bought it used though so im not sure if they would service it on a regular basis. Is there anything you would recommend I do..perhaps change the spark plugs and coils..idk..not too sure what I should do..
Old 12-28-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If it's never been properly serviced according to the maintenance schedule, then I'd recommend having it done and 'caught up' to where it should be. These are not cars you can drive forever without proper maintenance. There are plenty of things it *could* be - DSG fluid, dirty intakes (though you'd usually get a code with these), etc.

I will ask again - how well versed is your mechanic? Because if they're not, I'd look for someone who is - the difference is night and day.

I would also recommend getting that OBD tool - they're as cheap as $15 and can save you a whole lot of time and money.

Do a search for 'DSG Clutch Slipping' on YouTube and watch a few videos - is this what you're experiencing?

Here's an article on common problems with DSG:

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/6...mission-Faults
Old 01-01-2019, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tropos
If it's never been properly serviced according to the maintenance schedule, then I'd recommend having it done and 'caught up' to where it should be. These are not cars you can drive forever without proper maintenance. There are plenty of things it *could* be - DSG fluid, dirty intakes (though you'd usually get a code with these), etc.

I will ask again - how well versed is your mechanic? Because if they're not, I'd look for someone who is - the difference is night and day.

I would also recommend getting that OBD tool - they're as cheap as $15 and can save you a whole lot of time and money.

Do a search for 'DSG Clutch Slipping' on YouTube and watch a few videos - is this what you're experiencing?

Here's an article on common problems with DSG:

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/6...mission-Faults
Well the guy that sold me the audi tt is the one who recommeded me there. The guy sells who a whole bunch of foreign vehicles and he told me always takes them to him. So im not so sure on how good he is. Well im gonna look into getting that tool and look into changing my spark plugs and coil packs...for now..and thanks for the link by the way? Wanted to ask you if you know anything about using seafoam or the intake valve & turbo cleaner..ive heard good and bad things about it? Dont know if I should try that out..
Old 01-01-2019, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I would definitely do more research to find out how qualified the mechanic is. Taking someones word for it, especially if you don't know them well, is just asking for trouble - most people have no idea how to qualify a mechanic.

Here's the Audi maintenance schedule for 2013 models:

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...-Year-2013.pdf

The spark plugs may be due for replacement and I would definitely consider replacing ATF fluid.

As for Seafoam or the CRC intake valve/turbo cleaner - they work to a degree, but to really do the job right you'd want to actually take apart the engine to get at the intake manifolds directly. There are some decent videos on YT on how to do it, but it's not really something you want to undertake yourself without at least a little experience OR being willing to spend some serious time reviewing the videos, making sure you have all the right tools and be willing to make some possibly costly mistakes. You could try Seafoam or CRC (I would go with CRC through the intake manifolds) and it helps, you'll definitely want to follow up with an actual full cleaning of the intake manifolds - as I said the difference in how clean you can get them by taking apart the engine to get at the intakes directly is night and day.