TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

I really want a new exhaust system for this car. What should I do....?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really want a new exhaust system for this car. What should I do....?

I had the borla system in my old 225qc and really loved the low slightly louder rumble that it produced. As i search around it looks like millteck (sp?) is the only being made. From what I can gather it stills sounds stock.

Has anyone had a custom exhaust made yet for these cars? Are there any other options I haven't found yet?

I just want the car to sound as cool as she looks. Thanks for the help!
Old 06-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I really want a new exhaust system for this car. What should I do....?

There are also Eisenmann and Remus available in the states.

I recently put a Bastuck system on mine (one of the benefits of being stationed in Germany) and I love the sound.

I had a Borla on my previous car and just loved the sound. Unfortunately, it will probably be at least another year before they come out with something for the TT, if at all.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I will have the Remus axel back on my car in about 3 weeks ...

so I will let you know how it sounds and does. Its a straight thru so it should add some power too. The TBE out right now are just way too expensive IMO, for only a couple hundred in parts to build them. But like stated in ayear there should be more out and better pricing.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I should add...i have a 2.0 and want to go to a dual setup to match the 3.2
Old 06-01-2008, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

big duckies for that
Old 06-01-2008, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

big money?
Old 06-01-2008, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

probably $2500 installed
Old 06-01-2008, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I really want a new exhaust system for this car. What should I do....?

I'm not really sure about these other options. I too will look to upgrade to a "3.2 look" exhaust system. The Eisenmann system seems to be much more than Milltek and the Remus system is twin left side pipes. At least, that's all they show on their site. It also appears to be only slightly less expensive than the Milltek system. I'm not looking for a TBE setup. I just want a crossflow muffler and a left/right side setup. It's hard to believe you have to spend $1k just for the asthetics.

Let's be honest, how much performance do you really expect from changing the exhaust? Especially if you don't change the cat/downpipe. Maybe someone else will step up soon. I really wish AWE would put something out but after speaking with them, it doesn't look likely.

Regards,
John
Old 06-01-2008, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I feel ya...

Im paying $600 for a straight thru muffler and tips but thats the cheapest upgrade I have seen out there. Since the stock muffler is chambered I should see some gains just from the straight thru muffler and while they have the exhaust off I wills ee if they can cut away the 2 cats and replace with a highflow one.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I feel ya...

Steve,

You may see a bump, especially if you address the cats. Of course, that little peanut turbo probably isn't being hendered too much by the factory setup.

I'm starting to wonder about the other end, the intercooler setup. Given how much the boost is turned up by chip tuning, the charged air temps must rise considerably. Another topic for another thread.

Regards,
John

Quick Reply: I really want a new exhaust system for this car. What should I do....?