TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

nav disc

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default nav disc

Short-time listener, first-time caller ...

The nav system works just fine, but I was curious about upgrading to the newest disc. The nav disc doesn't eject when I push the eject button. One person at the dealer says that the drive may never have been unlocked by a dealer and may have to be done. Another person at the dealer says that isn't a thing and that it may just be a malfunctioning unit. Thoughts? And is it worth upgrading or worrying about?

Recently bought my first Audi and am enjoying it.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe there is nothing to eject. Try inserting a different CD or DVD. My nav does not have a disc - but I can play DVD's etc in the drive.

I have no idea how (nor ambitions) to update my nav. As my wife will tell you, I never follow directions anyhow...

Last edited by crewltof; 02-09-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Chargers

The nav system works just fine, but I was curious about upgrading to the newest disc. The nav disc doesn't eject when I push the eject button. One person at the dealer says that the drive may never have been unlocked by a dealer and may have to be done. Another person at the dealer says that isn't a thing and that it may just be a malfunctioning unit. Thoughts? And is it worth upgrading or worrying about?

The discs are very expensive, so the player locks it in there. To access it, if memory serves, you need your radio's code from the manual, but I'm not 100% on the source of the code.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Chargers

I have a 2011 TTS that has a single disc player which was locked when I bought it used. Apparently the previous owner never tried to eject the NAV disc or play another CD. I have a Ross Tech VCDS scanner to recode the player so the disc could be ejected and any other disc played and ejected at will. Silly design, as now I can either use NAV with the NAV disc in the player, or play a CD. Not both at the same time. (Unless there's some way to save the NAV disc on some hard drive that I'm not aware of.) Thankfully there's NAV on my phone.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Even when my '13 TTS was brand new I found that the nav disc was somewhat out of date. I was amused as I flew over blank space while driving to our local regional airport the first time. The update to a new disc seemed quite expensive considering the updates seem pretty far apart. I use a removable TomTom device that always has the latest map. Not as clean as the in-dash system, but I always have an accurate map. I use the in dash system for some local trips, but not for my long, multi-day out of the Northeast roadtrips. As to CDs, I replaced the 6-CD changer with a Tune-2-Air and now listen to music via Bluetooth. I have never approached using the in-dash CD changer as installing a new disc was tedious having to go behind the display. I did use the little SD card slots for music for a while, but the radio will only read MP3 format and most of my library was not.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by crewltof
Maybe there is nothing to eject. Try inserting a different CD or DVD. My nav does not have a disc - but I can play DVD's etc in the drive.

I have no idea how (nor ambitions) to update my nav. As my wife will tell you, I never follow directions anyhow...
Correction: I double checked, I guess I do have a NAV disc...
Old 02-12-2018, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I also tried to eject the disc to play cds, yes I still own CD's.. Mine will not eject either so it is what it is, I just bought the bluetooth adapter on Amazon to play spotify
from my phone. Good luck, your not alone with this..
Old 02-13-2018, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crewltof
Correction: I double checked, I guess I do have a NAV disc...
Yep. Can't put another disc in because one is in there.