TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

New 2008 audi tt owner/ radio question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2008 audi tt owner/ radio question

Hi evreyone,
I just bought 2008 audi tt coupe. It has symphony radio with cd player/Bose speakers and ipod connector in glovebox. I would like to use 3.5mm Jack to connect to my android phone or mp3 player. . I searched a lot and can't find rigid answer to this. I saw a female ipod to 3.5mm cable on ebay. Will it work? Somthing like this http://a.co/eEqQZkP
Old 03-12-2018, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Use the AUX 3.5 mm jack input

Originally Posted by slimsol
Hi evreyone,
I just bought 2008 audi tt coupe. It has symphony radio with cd player/Bose speakers and ipod connector in glovebox. I would like to use 3.5mm Jack to connect to my android phone or mp3 player. . I searched a lot and can't find rigid answer to this. I saw a female ipod to 3.5mm cable on ebay. Will it work? Somthing like this http://a.co/eEqQZkP
It is in the rear center console tray but tough to see until you find it the first time. In the coupe, it is easily seen from the rear seats looking at the rear center console.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
It is in the rear center console tray but tough to see until you find it the first time. In the coupe, it is easily seen from the rear seats looking at the rear center console.
I checked. Mine isnt equipped with aux input. Maybe mine has older south system
Old 03-13-2018, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default You looked here?

Originally Posted by slimsol
I checked. Mine isnt equipped with aux input. Maybe mine has older south system
The tray layout changed a few times but the location of the AUX input was always in the top right corner. It usually is not labeled like it is on this photo. Just a hole in the plastic. https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=EkEwrF2V&id=A973BD3CCBCD 5DAED4B05356E7B2AD4716706610&thid=OIP.EkEwrF2Vu9so RvWUg3z1nwHaE8&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fimg4.autodecl ics.com%2fphoto_cav%2f2356%2f8-audi-tt-rs-roadster.jpg&exph=267&expw=400&q=audi+tt+auxiliary +input+photo&simid=608043126450162987&selectedInde x=3&qpvt=audi+tt+auxiliary+input+photo&ajaxhist=0

Another variant is shown here https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...put&ajaxhist=0

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 03-13-2018 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My '11 doesn't have the aux either. Audi does make a 3.5mm adapter for the connector in the glovebox for ~$80. Or you can order the 5' cable version through E-Bay for ~$11. I did the latter and it works just fine.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMI-MMI-MDI...YAAOSwVVRac7-t

Plug it in, keep it in the glovebox when not needed, and pull out and use when you want to. And, yes, the glovebox closes when the cable is out.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chargers
My '11 doesn't have the aux either. Audi does make a 3.5mm adapter for the connector in the glovebox for ~$80. Or you can order the 5' cable version through E-Bay for ~$11. I did the latter and it works just fine.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMI-MMI-MDI...YAAOSwVVRac7-t

Plug it in, keep it in the glovebox when not needed, and pull out and use when you want to. And, yes, the glovebox closes when the cable is out.

Does this ebay cable work? I head lot of people tried it and it doesnt work. Mine is 08 tt with symphony
Old 03-15-2018, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It works for me. I figured for $11 it was worth trying. I'm not affiliated with the seller, but the link is the cable from the vendor I bought it from. As I noted, I have it plugged in, keep it in the glovebox when not needed, and pull out and use when I want to. And, yes, the glovebox closes when the cable is out. I use an mp3 player with it.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It works for me. I figured for $11 it was worth trying. I'm not affiliated with the seller, but the link is the cable from the vendor I bought it from. As I noted, I have it plugged in, keep it in the glovebox when not needed, and pull out and use when I want to. And, yes, the glovebox closes when the cable is out. I use an mp3 player with it.
Mine is 2008 tt so it doesnt have MMI or AMI. It only has ipod male connector in glovebox. Do you think this cable will plug into ipod male connector? I havent seen the cable so hard to tell if the cable fits ipod male
Old 03-18-2018, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The cable I showed in the link does not connect to an iPod. One end connects to the MMI plug in the glovebox of the car and the other is a 3.5mm plug. You may want to look closer. My car's prior owner had the MMI to iPod cable. You may have a short MMI to iPod cable plugged in already. If so, you can unplug it (see your owner's manual) and then plug in the one I linked. If not, then you'll have to find another adapter.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The cable I showed in the link does not connect to an iPod. One end connects to the MMI plug in the glovebox of the car and the other is a 3.5mm plug. You may want to look closer. My car's prior owner had the MMI to iPod cable. You may have a short MMI to iPod cable plugged in already. If so, you can unplug it (see your owner's manual) and then plug in the one I linked. If not, then you'll have to find another adapter.
My glovebox looks like this. It has ipod male connector bu no cable. New 2008 audi tt owner/ radio question-q3mr6.jpg

Quick Reply: New 2008 audi tt owner/ radio question