TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

OSIR USA Carbon Interior Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OSIR USA Carbon Interior Parts

My 2011 TTS had some wear & tear on the aluminum centre console when I got the car in 2014. So recently I decided to get me some carbon. After looking around, I decided to order the following from OSIR USA
- Glove Box Trim
- Centre Console w/ ash tray cover
- Door pulls (elevens) that reused the silver trim (that way there was still a bit of detail to continue the theme with the dash vents.

Thoughts:
Fit: 7.5/10 (partially due to the fact you have to delaminate some OEM pieces and resin the Carbon. Their site and their lack of instructions never make this clear until you get the pieces.
Impact 10/1.
Instructions 0/10 (They don’t give you instructions and you have to find threads on forums to figure it out. )
Ease of install 4/10.

I won't go into a long thread about the install, but if anyone ever does the install, PM me and I will share my thoughts on what to do.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

that looks really nice against that leather. Mine's black leather so it wouldn't be as impactful as yours. Looks great!
Old 05-14-2018, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RWBaconTT
that looks really nice against that leather. Mine's black leather so it wouldn't be as impactful as yours. Looks great!
Thanks! Yeah, I love that Optic Brown leather. When I bought the car it was either that or a 2015 TTS silver w/ black leather interior. The 2011 was cheaper, nicer and at the time was Stasis Stage 1. Since then upgraded and now APR Stage 2. Will have the rest of the OSIR Carbon installed in 2 weeks along with new MSS Kits Sport Springs w/ Track Front & H+R rear sway, will post photos. Until then, this is a roller from 2 weeks ago.

Photo by: Lauren Verhulst, Edmonton, AB
Old 07-22-2018, 12:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I realized I never posted a photo of the installed gloss OSIR USA elevens/door puts. i'm 6/10 happy. The quality is good BUT they do NOT accept the factory OEM aluminum inserts without you using JB Weld epoxy adhesive. While the OEM aluminum inserts fit into the factory pulls with clips, the OSIR pulls were not designed, advertised, or have packing saying the you need to use adhesive. I find that based on my experience OSIR is hugely at fault at not advertising how much effort you will need to exert into researching how to install their products. I will NOT be buying any more from them.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks great! I looked at the OSIR Carbon today and am glad to know about the install difficulties.