TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

TTRS 8j esp off problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTRS 8j esp off problem

hello.....I got a problem on my ttrs 8j AT. I turn off my esp but when I reach 160km/h the esp enable automatically. Anyone can help solve the problem. Thank you so much.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikemike9898
hello.....I got a problem on my ttrs 8j AT. I turn off my esp but when I reach 160km/h the esp enable automatically. Anyone can help solve the problem. Thank you so much.
I have the same issue with a US spec 2012 TTS, I turn ESP off and at 100mph (160kmh) it comes back on. I have search pretty much the entire internet, it has been talked about but no firm solution. Found some things to try using vagcom and plan to try them this weekend when my vagcom cable arrives. I will post up what I find out. You can try the solution in the below link but for me adding a rocker switch will be a last resort. The thread also talks about coding it out which I will be trying.

The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - ESP Overide
Old 11-08-2017, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

I will test the ESP override as well given the opportunity. I have an APR tune and have submitted a question to them whether they modify the ESP with their tune. I also have the OBDEleven and will try the VCDS settings if necessary.

I would prefer not to disable it entirely. But it may come to that as I approach my first track day next month. I can always code it back in for daily driving.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have an APR tune also, they were pretty much zero help. They have instructions on their website for the Golf R but they wouldn't say whether it would work on the TT or not, he said they have never tried. I emailed United Motorsports and asked them, no response. I asked the UM dealer who did my Haldex tune to ask, he didn't get a response either. Is this subject that taboo that the tune companies won't touch it? I have linked APR's Golf R instructions if you want to give it a shot.

MK6 Golf R ESP/ESC Defeat
Old 11-09-2017, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

my friend told me the automatic spoiler maybe affect the ESP. because my friend is TTRS 8J MT his car the fixed spoiler the center console did't have active spoiler button. But mine one is automatic spoiler, i install the aftermarket fixed spoiler and use the VCDS to disable the automatic spoiler function.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have had both the auto and fixed spoiler on my car and it didn't affect ESP either way.

My VCDS cable came today so I played around a bit and found I have a 7 digit code. The APR link doesn't work and the other link is for 5 digit codes.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

I found it: You have to play Tool's AEmina at volume 11 with the top down. Well, it worked for me anyway.

S-tronic sport mode and mag-lev sport mode both on. It was a spontaneous test. i didn't have a lot of room. I quickly ran it up to 110 mph, then backed off. But ESC stayed OFF.

It was mostly a straight road. Not sure if you think lateral forces have anything to do with it.

This does deserve further testing. If I get the chance, I'll post up.

Last edited by DissenTTS; 11-11-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DissenTTS
I found it: You have to play Tool's AEmina at volume 11 with the top down. Well, it worked for me anyway.

S-tronic sport mode and mag-lev sport mode both on. It was a spontaneous test. i didn't have a lot of room. I quickly ran it up to 110 mph, then backed off. But ESC stayed OFF.

It was mostly a straight road. Not sure if you think lateral forces have anything to do with it.

This does deserve further testing. If I get the chance, I'll post up.
Interesting, I test on a straight stretch of road. It doesn't matter what mode I'm in either, I have tried different ways. My 7 digit code for ABS is 0618294. I have tried 0083216 from an 08' TT, 0618391, and 0610199 from a 12' TTRS with no luck. These 3 codes threw fault codes in 03 ABS, 14 suspension, and 4C TPMS. My search for a solution continues.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikemike9898
my friend told me the automatic spoiler maybe affect the ESP. because my friend is TTRS 8J MT his car the fixed spoiler the center console did't have active spoiler button. But mine one is automatic spoiler, i install the aftermarket fixed spoiler and use the VCDS to disable the automatic spoiler function.
So the more I thought about it I remember not turning the ESP off much my first few track days, I changed to the fixed spoiler after that. What I am doing is hooking up the electronic spoiler motor, coding it back in, and reconnecting the switch. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow afternoon if it changes anything.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have it figured out, it's the fixed spoiler. I took the motor assembly off my electronic spoiler and plugged it in, then coded it back on with vagcom. Drove it up to 110mph and ESP stayed off. Just to check it I coded it off and did it again, ESP kicked on at 100mph. Now I am looking at mounting the motor to the fixed spoiler.

Quick Reply: TTRS 8j esp off problem