TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

'17 TTS Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You only need milltek downpipe period...

Much louder but excellent noise plus the farts are like a cannon shot now.

JC
Old 05-31-2017, 02:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jester7677
Why would you have the dealer keep your car because a seat won't go down? I'd tell them to call me when the parts are in.
The seats are unassembled currently. I did that initially when they gave me the A3 for a day I got the car back but they had to order a "special part" from Germany then a "special tool" from Germany the week after the part came, the part they ordered was also the wrong part which is why the seat is unassembled currently so they have to order another "special part" from Germany which I've been waiting 2 weeks for currently.

This is such a minor issue and a rare occurrence that they're learning as well I suppose, I can't be mad at the dealer just a bit annoyed I did put 1000+ miles in the loaner A4 that came with only 500 miles though

Oh yeah the 12V also stopped working which they said they'll check on the fuse box and they were also going to fix up the seats a bit as there are some scratches (pretty sure it's caused by them as they had spilled oil when they returned the car to me initially as well.)
Old 05-31-2017, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Most need to remain emissions compliant. High flow Cat may be a better choice, but of course pricey, hence the resonator delete as a first course of action.

Originally Posted by James Cole
You only need milltek downpipe period...

Much louder but excellent noise plus the farts are like a cannon shot now.

JC
Old 05-31-2017, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have a lease and I thought about replacing the exhaust. I did not do it because your suppose to return the car in stock condition, and I was not sure if they would notice the differnt exhaust during the lease return. I did not want to get stuck having to pay and have the stock exhaust put back into the car...

Also no way I would leave the car at the dealer for 3 weeks for a rear seat, have them call you when the part arrives.... good luck.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rajon
The seats are unassembled currently. I did that initially when they gave me the A3 for a day I got the car back but they had to order a "special part" from Germany then a "special tool" from Germany the week after the part came, the part they ordered was also the wrong part which is why the seat is unassembled currently so they have to order another "special part" from Germany which I've been waiting 2 weeks for currently.

This is such a minor issue and a rare occurrence that they're learning as well I suppose, I can't be mad at the dealer just a bit annoyed I did put 1000+ miles in the loaner A4 that came with only 500 miles though

Oh yeah the 12V also stopped working which they said they'll check on the fuse box and they were also going to fix up the seats a bit as there are some scratches (pretty sure it's caused by them as they had spilled oil when they returned the car to me initially as well.)
They messed up you seats... yeah I would go into a tirade over that, that bull crap. Get someone qualified to fix cars. If they give it back with scuffs on the interior trim I'd make them order that too. They could have easily taped that off. They blew a fuse pilling one of the front seats IMO. Idiots.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cogthelog
I also have a lease and I thought about replacing the exhaust. I did not do it because your suppose to return the car in stock condition, and I was not sure if they would notice the differnt exhaust during the lease return. I did not want to get stuck having to pay and have the stock exhaust put back into the car...

Also no way I would leave the car at the dealer for 3 weeks for a rear seat, have them call you when the part arrives.... good luck.
Yeah :/ I'm still contemplating it how long have you had your lease for?

I tried getting it back but I can't right now because the seats are disassembled currently. It's a pain in the butt I'm pretty pissed but if I get her back all fixed and perfect I'll let it slide this time.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

They messed up you seats... yeah I would go into a tirade over that, that bull crap. Get someone qualified to fix cars. If they give it back with scuffs on the interior trim I'd make them order that too. They could have easily taped that off. They blew a fuse pilling one of the front seats IMO. Idiots.

Who else could I go for it, they're a pretty big dealer and treated me pretty well I'm just hoping it's a one time rare occurrence. It's covered by warranty given it's Audi's fault it's just some a weird minor issue that I guess they have no experience with, I'm just hoping I can get her back by Friday.

I honestly wish they could just loan out a S5 or anything close to the TTS and I wouldn't be as upset lmao.
Got an A3 for a day and the A4 isn't that bad either but it's no where close to the TTS
Old 05-31-2017, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rajon
Who else could I go for it, they're a pretty big dealer and treated me pretty well I'm just hoping it's a one time rare occurrence. It's covered by warranty given it's Audi's fault it's just some a weird minor issue that I guess they have no experience with, I'm just hoping I can get her back by Friday.

I honestly wish they could just loan out a S5 or anything close to the TTS and I wouldn't be as upset lmao.
Got an A3 for a day and the A4 isn't that bad either but it's no where close to the TTS
I understand your in a pickle and they have it all apart, but I'd be going in to have a 1:1 with the service writer. Ok they have to figure it out. Not Ok to give it back with ANY damage and they've already done so once. What's the plan not to repeat that?

I H-A-T-E taking my car in. Over the past 30 yrs, the car always comes back with a gift of some sort, and it's laziness on their part.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I understand your in a pickle and they have it all apart, but I'd be going in to have a 1:1 with the service writer. Ok they have to figure it out. Not Ok to give it back with ANY damage and they've already done so once. What's the plan not to repeat that?

I H-A-T-E taking my car in. Over the past 30 yrs, the car always comes back with a gift of some sort, and it's laziness on their part.
Defiantly I've been calling them everyday to check up on the progress, they told me they'll have the part by Friday I'll pop in then and ask them to get it done NLT Saturday. Honestly do I have any leverage with them other than switching to another dealership next time?
Old 05-31-2017, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No.... but once a car is there ya never do. Start practicing "The Secret".

But your talking to a guy who has his own "Please do not wash" sign I hang from the glove department.