TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

To Cancel Audi Connect or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

My understanding is $10 as an add to existing plan.

Originally Posted by Paul King
I have AT&T as well. Did you get the renewal through Audi with your AT&T account info, or add it as a device to your existing AT&T plan?
Old 09-25-2018, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Yes I understand what you are saying....but I'm not making my point clear to you I guess. There are things MMI can do that AA can NOT do view voice or using the steering wheel control. I find these features very helpful and are absent from AA. That's why I'm trying to say. For example, you can not use AA to search and dial a phone number in the same hands-free manner as with MMI. I was just pointing that out...it's a negligible difference to most I guess but something I find important and enjoy. My AudiConnect is only $10/month so I feel it's more reasonable in price than model year 17 owners must pay. Like I said, thankfully AA/CarPlay are excellent FREE alternatives that do a majority of what MMI does (and sometimes better).
*start Google assistant*
"Call (contact name), (type)"
E.g. "call Dr. Bogart, mobile"

Same thing for "text" or, if you want to send via other apps, "message" and it will ask if you want to send via sms, hangouts, etc. You can also call places not in your contacts if you just name a business or something.

What feature is missing? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I sincerely want to know about features that would make the Audi built-in system worth using over android auto. I'd just like an example since I'm obviously missing something.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onebelo
Mines just expired few days ago. I didn't renew though since i primarily use AA for Waze. Google maps through MMI is definitely nice but for me, I load up Waze majority of the time when I'm driving for directions and watch out for popos 😜

My primary setup with waze on VC and JB4 gauges on phone
How do you manage to get Waze on the virtual cockpit? In the A5 Sportback, the moment I connect my phone, Apple Carplay kicks in and google maps only shows up on the center screen.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just checked my 2017 TT Audi Connect subscription online. We got a 540 days for free and I don't recall why, But the other options available are $20/month for unlimited auto-renew and $10/month for 1GB auto-renew.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just renewed my Audi Connect subscription this morning. Since I was an existing AT&T customer, I could renew for $10 per month that will be charged to my AT&T bill.

The Google Maps integration is a no brainer for me with this service. Even though I use Waze for police reporting, I still find myself zooming in and out of the Google Maps to find alternative routes. Once this feature deprecates on 12/20, I'm not sure I will continue with the subscription.

I haven't been able to do much else with Audi Connect. I know there is supposed to be a way to send destinations from your phone or PC, but I've not been able to figure that out.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nicely played. Yeah, the Google Map overlay would be hard to let go.

The Google maps phone/PC to car is sometimes (often) broken. Not Audi's fault. When it works, it works quite well.

I just renewed my Audi Connect subscription this morning. Since I was an existing AT&T customer, I could renew for $10 per month that will be charged to my AT&T bill.

The Google Maps integration is a no brainer for me with this service. Even though I use Waze for police reporting, I still find myself zooming in and out of the Google Maps to find alternative routes. Once this feature deprecates on 12/20, I'm not sure I will continue with the subscription.

I haven't been able to do much else with Audi Connect. I know there is supposed to be a way to send destinations from your phone or PC, but I've not been able to figure that out.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cranialsurge
How do you manage to get Waze on the virtual cockpit? In the A5 Sportback, the moment I connect my phone, Apple Carplay kicks in and google maps only shows up on the center screen.
I have Android so this is on Android Auto ... but with the latest iOS update (iOS12), it supports Waze now supposedly through Car Play. Not sure how to set that up though
Old 09-27-2018, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by onebelo
I have Android so this is on Android Auto ... but with the latest iOS update (iOS12), it supports Waze now supposedly through Car Play. Not sure how to set that up though
I think I know why, you have a TT, no MMI screen. Just the virtual cockpit right? So everything shows up there. Pretty cool! In cars where there is a dedicated MMI screen in addition to VC, Apple Carplay/Android Auto shows up on the MMI screen not VC.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here's how you do it:

1. Go to myAudi: https://my.audi.com/

2. Once you register then from there you can go to Services and then pick Destination entry via myAudi or via Google Maps

3. You can also go to Map Update, download latest maps data to an SD card and update your car
Old 09-30-2018, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Folks tend to forget this MyAudi-site way of sending destination routing to the TT, in favor of the somewhat more direct Google Maps site way (when it works), so thanks for again pointing this out. When I first got my TTS I sent a bunch of destinations I thought I might need via MyAudi, but haven't much since.

Originally Posted by mikey94025
Here's how you do it:

1. Go to myAudi: https://my.audi.com/

2. Once you register then from there you can go to Services and then pick Destination entry via myAudi or via Google Maps

3. You can also go to Map Update, download latest maps data to an SD card and update your car

Quick Reply: To Cancel Audi Connect or not?