TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Considering a 2018 TT...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Considering a 2018 TT...

So as the title states, I'm considering a 2018 TT, particularly with the S-line Comp PKG. Wanted the B&O, but don't really care about all of the other crap in the $3500 Tech PKG.

What are peoples thoughts on the base stereo (by Bose I think)?

For those that have the suspension on the TTS, is it compliant enough for DD, or harsh?

And lastly, how is this generation holding up reliability wise? Are there any major problems?

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2017, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The TT with S-line really is the sweet spot. Good to see it's now available in the states.

I've had the Audi Concert and the B&O and unless you're a true audiophile the Audi Concert is more than adequate.

I use Comfort suspension on my magnetic setup most of the time as it is somewhat harsh for me in Dynamic and Auto (otherwise Dynamic within Individual menu setting).

My TTS has afforded rock solid reliability in almost two years now of operation. I have had none of the issues you may see around the forums.

Originally Posted by davisflyer
So as the title states, I'm considering a 2018 TT, particularly with the S-line Comp PKG. Wanted the B&O, but don't really care about all of the other crap in the $3500 Tech PKG.

For those that have the suspension on the TTS, is it compliant enough for DD, or harsh?

And lastly, how is this generation holding up reliability wise? Are there any major problems?

Thanks!

Last edited by Huey52; 08-15-2017 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52

I use Comfort suspension on my magnetic setup most of the time as it is somewhat harsh for me in Dynamic and Auto (otherwise Dynamic within Individual menu setting).
Thanks for the reply. I have not been able to confirm that the package includes mag-ride. I sent a query to Audi USA and they responded that they didn't know and I should contact a dealer. Of course the dealer doesn't know either!

Here is what is included in the S-line Comp PKG in the US:

S line Competition package

• 19" Audi Sport® 5-spoke-blade design High-gloss Black wheels with 245/35 summer tires
  • Three-spoke flat-bottom multifunction S line steering wheel with shift paddles and stitching
  • Audi exclusive High-gloss Black package: High-gloss Black spoiler, High-gloss Black exterior mirror housings, Black exhaust tips
  • Aluminum S line door sills
  • Brushed Aluminum inlays
  • Leather package
  • Leather/Alcantara® S sport seats with S line embossing
  • Red brake calipers, front and rear
  • S line sport suspension
I'm not quite sure what comprises S-line sport suspension. Could just be lowered springs compared to TT. At the same time, it looks like mag-ride is standard on 2018 TTS, so who knows!

Last edited by davisflyer; 08-15-2017 at 04:28 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I presume the S-line Sport Suspension is a "fixed" sport-tuned type, otherwise it would state magnetic. Also presuming 10mm lowered, as are TTS/TTRS.

Note that I'm older so not as appreciative of a firmer ride as I was. Local road conditions of course make a big difference as well. You'll likely be just fine daily driving.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ha! I'm no spring chicken at 50 years old. I agree with you, I'm more sensitive to an overly firm suspension now too.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Audi TT

Im looking at ordering a new stock TT today. I have 2 options:

1. 19" standard suspension.
2. 20" standard suspension.

I test drove a 19" with standard suspension and it was fine. The roads are a bit mixed in the UK.

Do you know what 20" wheels will make the car like?

Also, the one with 20" is in Nano Grey. Whats the colour like? No actual car in the dealership in that colour.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy A

I test drove a 19" with standard suspension and it was fine. The roads are a bit mixed in the UK.

Also, the one with 20" is in Nano Grey. Whats the colour like? No actual car in the dealership in that colour.

In general, a wheel having a smaller diameter (e.g., 18" vs. 20") will be fitted with a tire having a higher sidewall, giving the wheel/tire set a greater ability to absorb bumps and road irregularities AND it'll be less likely to blow out when hitting a pothole.

The advantage of a larger wheel diameter (e.g., 20") is that it is typically fitted with a lower profile tire, which will enhance handling, but at the cost of a harsher ride.

The choice is yours, my friend.

Last edited by VGM911; 08-24-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by davisflyer

Thanks!
Some folks have regretted the base Stereo (Not Bose branded) , might be made by them.
B&O is quite good, not amazing.

Note US S line does not have TTS Body kit.

S line suspension is a fixed (not Mag Ride as in TTS) and is lowered by 10 mm as compared to base TT.
It is quite firm but not harsh on good roads.

Reliability seems generally good, Plastic trim issue aside.

Most importantly this is a great car, get one

Last edited by Can_Quattro; 08-26-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

This thread should help address both questions: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...2930125/page2/

Originally Posted by Andy A

Old 08-24-2017, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
Some folks have regretted the base Stereo (Not Bose branded) , might be made by them.
B&O is quite good, not amazing.
I have the B&O in my A3 Cab, and while it's good, I'm not sure I get the full range of it because I have hearing issues. To my ears it just doesn't sound that much better than the HK system in my Mini Cooper. Again, it may be due to my hearing, which isn't great.

Note US S line does not have TTS Body kit.
I did notice that, which is pretty crappy considering it comes with it in Canada!!

Most importantly this is a great car, get one
Yeah, I need to go drive one.