TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Faulty Sensor Drivers Seatbelt

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty Sensor Drivers Seatbelt

Has anyone experienced a faulty sensor on the drivers side seat belt? I have now had two occasions where the seatbelt is latched and the warning “Bing” makes me crazy! I have not been able to find what is causing the problem. I read a post that said having your cellphone connected to a USB port and sitting on the passenger seat might be causing the problem. I have to admit both times this was the case. I will try to check on that theory. Crazy....
Old 10-27-2019, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandmanterry
Has anyone experienced a faulty sensor on the drivers side seat belt? I have now had two occasions where the seatbelt is latched and the warning “Bing” makes me crazy! I have not been able to find what is causing the problem. I read a post that said having your cellphone connected to a USB port and sitting on the passenger seat might be causing the problem. I have to admit both times this was the case. I will try to check on that theory. Crazy....
My cell phone, if laying on the passenger seat, will trigger the seat belt warning chime/light. When I do put on the passenger side seat, I'll wedge it in the crease for the seat extension to prevent the warning. It also keeps it from sliding around and flying off the seat.
The following users liked this post:
f1point0 (10-31-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

The passenger seat in this car has a capacitive occupancy sensor, which is usually a lot better at avoiding false-positives like something weighty being on the passengers seat. It's basically looking for a certain amount of water or other conductive material to be in the seat bucket, not just a certain amount of weight like other systems. I've never had my phone or anything else on the seat like a bottle of water trip it, so not sure what to tell you.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StretchinSD
My cell phone, if laying on the passenger seat, will trigger the seat belt warning chime/light. When I do put on the passenger side seat, I'll wedge it in the crease for the seat extension to prevent the warning. It also keeps it from sliding around and flying off the seat.
Lol. I do exactly the same thing
Old 03-29-2020, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wondering if you've found the fix to this issue? I have an issue where the seatbelt is latched, but the warning sign and alert chime is on as if it the seatbelt is not latched. It takes sometimes a few unlatch/re-latch attempts before it goes away. (Note: I have not had the warning indicator come on randomly during driving, only at start. It acts as if I never buckled the seat belt at all.) Sometimes is takes me a lot of re-latching to clear the alert.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Do you have a cellphone charging on the passenger seat?
Old 03-31-2020, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crester
Do you have a cellphone charging on the passenger seat?
No, I can unclick/re-click and it is then fine. Sometimes it takes multiple times. Once I get the warning light to stop, then it's no problem.