TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Locking Doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Locking Doors

I can't believe that I'm asking this, but: On my TTRS, when I open the door and then push the lock/unlock button to "lock", the doors don't lock. I can lock them by pushing the "lock" button on the remote, and they do lock when I shift to drive and drive off, but not when I want to exit the vehicle and close and lock the doors. Is there a setting that I've missed somewhere? Thanks to all who respond.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by USe-car
I can't believe that I'm asking this, but: On my TTRS, when I open the door and then push the lock/unlock button to "lock", the doors don't lock. I can lock them by pushing the "lock" button on the remote, and they do lock when I shift to drive and drive off, but not when I want to exit the vehicle and close and lock the doors. Is there a setting that I've missed somewhere? Thanks to all who respond.
There are some features to prevent you from accidentally locking your keys in the car. Instead of pushing the lock/unlock button, if you look at your exterior door handle you will see a little square indentation. Just run your finger over that once your door is closed.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

It's really shameful of Audi not to provide an Owner's Manual with the top of the line TTRS.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
It's really shameful of Audi not to provide an Owner's Manual with the top of the line TTRS.
I try so hard not to reply stuff like this but seriously... *turns douche mode off*
Old 01-16-2019, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Hey, thanks for the response. There's so much love on this board.

I went to the dealer this morning and asked about my problem with the door locks. The service writer didn't know. Can you believe that?? Even with owner's manuals at their disposal! She called the shop foreman and he told me that there was nothing wrong. The locks were functioning just like Nebull said.

I got home and looked, once again, at my owner's manual. I knew something had to be there because an expert on this board insinuated that all answers were found in the owner's manual. There is nothing in the manual.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by USe-car
I got home and looked, once again, at my owner's manual. I knew something had to be there because an expert on this board insinuated that all answers were found in the owner's manual. There is nothing in the manual.
There's literally an entire section in the manual describing how the inner door lock buttons don't work with the door open (to prevent you from locking your key in the car), and a diagram actually showing where the door lock button on the handle is. Just because you apparently don't have the time to look but do have the time to argue about it on here, I've pasted them here. Read. The. Manual. It took literally 20 seconds to find.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: please let's just be helpful on this board. If you don't like a question because you think it isn't "good enough" for whatever reason, why waste energy replying? If you respond negatively, it brings the whole board down. People should feel welcome to come here and post -- the community of mk3 tt owners is so small, it's a shame to lose possible new members because they look at our board and see aggressive board members shooting down other members for whatever reason.

And honestly, if you've never had a hard time finding information in an owners manual, then you are a better person than I. Even the "obvious" stuff can be invisible if one isn't on the same wavelength as whomever wrote the book, especially if one is not technically-inclined.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

You're absolutely right Sir. An atypical and momentary lapse in RTFM resistance on my part. Mea culpa to the OP.

Originally Posted by Nebuul
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: please let's just be helpful on this board. If you don't like a question because you think it isn't "good enough" for whatever reason, why waste energy replying? If you respond negatively, it brings the whole board down. People should feel welcome to come here and post -- the community of mk3 tt owners is so small, it's a shame to lose possible new members because they look at our board and see aggressive board members shooting down other members for whatever reason.

And honestly, if you've never had a hard time finding information in an owners manual, then you are a better person than I. Even the "obvious" stuff can be invisible if one isn't on the same wavelength as whomever wrote the book, especially if one is not technically-inclined.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one back door that will not lock from outside with fob. All doors lock but this right rear.cannot get the lock beep to sound. Will the door sensor help?
Old 01-22-2019, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kuchairman
I have one back door that will not lock from outside with fob. All doors lock but this right rear.cannot get the lock beep to sound. Will the door sensor help?
We'd love to help, but Audi TTs are coupes.

Quick Reply: Locking Doors