TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

More info on when an order is "factory submitted"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More info on when an order is "factory submitted"?

I saw another post here recently in which someone shared their order details and in their case it was:

Order created: 4/13
Factory submitted: 5/8

I just contacted my salesperson and for my order it was:

Order Created 04/17/2017
Factory Submitted 07/21/2017

Hopefully someone who understands the Audi order process can explain to me how my order could be created 3 days later than the other one but be factory submitted 2 and a 1/2 months later?!

Is my salesperson lying to me, did they put my order in later than 4/17? Or is there a reasonable explanation for this?
Old 07-24-2017, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

They have to submit orders for their allocations on certain dates, then those allocations get manufactured on certain dates. Until they are manufactured, the orders can be modified. So most likely, they modified a pre-existing order before it was submitted to factory for manufacturing.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

As I have advised before, if ordering an Audi ask your salesperson for a "Vehicle Details" printout.

It has all the relevant information around dates, options, colours etc.

Without this printout used as the focus of the discussion around dates, you are at their mercy, (and this is not a great place to be), not all sales people will be honest with you about real ETA.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
Without this printout used as the focus of the discussion around dates, you are at their mercy, (and this is not a great place to be), not all sales people will be honest with you about real ETA.
I wish I had known! I kept pestering my salesman for details on the order and he FINALLY shared the information. It's upsetting to realize that it looks like I'll be getting a car in November that I ordered in April.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Out of curiosity, any ideas why the dealer allocations went in ahead of individual pre-ordered cars? Is that normal for Audi?

I ask because when the 2008 VW R32 went up for pre-order, the individual orders were delivered ahead of pre-configured dealer allocated cars.

I'm not really in a hurry for my car to be delivered, but I can certainly understand why some of the folks that placed orders really early would be frustrated when people are able to just walk in off the street and get a car before they get their ordered cars.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

One other thing, speaking of the "vehicle details" printout... does anyone here know if there's anyone on the forum that can look that information up?

I've been trying to get this information from my sales guy and they just don't seem willing or know how to get it. According to him, he has to go through his manager and she says that printout isn't available except at the start of the process.

I don't really feel like the dates they've given verbally are incorrect or misleading, but I would still like to see this printout. And the difficulty and reasoning behind not providing me a copy seem bogus.

Would be helpful for the OP as well, assuming they're having similar issues with their dealer.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

There are a couple people on the forums who have access to Audi's system, I am not one.
You have a bad sales department on your hands I am afraid.
It takes a sales manager like 30 secs to run one off, I have watched them do it.
I got one four times throughout the order process.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had a feeling that was the case; thanks for confirming. I'm pretty sure they've actually been using that report to give me updates so far. So I don't know why it's such a big deal to get me a copy.

At any rate, if anyone knows or is someone who would be willing to access that information for me, that would be awesome.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Akenmaat
I had a feeling that was the case; thanks for confirming. I'm pretty sure they've actually been using that report to give me updates so far. So I don't know why it's such a big deal to get me a copy.

At any rate, if anyone knows or is someone who would be willing to access that information for me, that would be awesome.
get me a COMM #, I can check it up for you

or, get me the to-the-letter-details on your order, and with some time, I could probably back my way into the info
Old 08-03-2017, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

My commission number is NS6748. Thank you!

Quick Reply: More info on when an order is "factory submitted"?