TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My TTRS thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

For what it's worth, here's their telephone number in case you need it:
(800) 441-6287

Maybe our Audi mudflaps are on the production schedule? Now that would be nice!
The following users liked this post:
BRKNJMPR (10-22-2019)
Old 11-27-2017, 02:01 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ourlee
I’m doing that winter set up in gray! Lots of pics please. Show the brake fit if you can, I’ll be upgrading my base kit.
I was also considering going to the grey wheels but I also really like the whites...they’re really a little bit of a gamble as far as colour goes, the white on the wheels is a little brighter than the car but I will be doing some graphics on the car next week that will make the wheels blend in a little better.

My winter setup...The wheels are the OZ Racing Rally wheels in 19x9/38 white with Pirelli Ice Zero Studded in 225/45R19. I went to this aggressive studded tire as I have signed up for Ice Racing school in Jan. The wheels are so good with this car, lots of front brake clearance and I am really falling in love with the look. I’ve ordered some HRE wheels for summer, I just hope they look as good as these OZ’s.

Lets start with the tires...They are very aggressive and the trade off is noise, at 120kmph (75mph) they are incredibly loud to the point that when I was driving home for the first time, my wife was with me and you really had to raise your voice to hold a conversation...they have quieted down some but still loud at higher speed on the highway. We had a pretty big dump of fresh snow here a few days back and they were very inspiring on the back roads, even on icy sections I tried to kick the back out in a corner but the car stuck to the surface like glue at ~35kmph (20mph) so I cant wait to get them onto the lake. The 225/45 tire size is slightly taller than the stock tire so it really fills the wheel wells nicely. The 19x9ET38 wheels with this tire combo sits pretty flush at the wheel but the tread stays tucked into the wells so they don’t kick up a lot of gravel striking the side of the car from the front. I am still looking for a mud flap for the car to protect the rockers but so far things are ok in that department. These wheels are also a little heavier than other wheels at 26lb each but I was really more interested in having a strong wheel...the weight doesnt seem to be an issue factoring the winter road conditions I am using them on, from a stop (No launch control) I am still breaking loose all four wheels on icy roads without matting the pedal to the floor and I have a lot of experience driving ice roads in Northern Alberta where they actually spray water on thes road (winter access only) to keep the surface solid.

Sorry for the dirty wheel shots, Ill likely replace these pictures when I get a chance to clean everything up
Attached Thumbnails My TTRS thread.-8903a448-b13a-4cd6-8344-e89463ac2a0a.jpeg   My TTRS thread.-302f605e-dcf3-4a51-96d2-48d9683f035b.jpeg   My TTRS thread.-adfe8cd9-b3f2-4c91-897b-c633e117ab7b.jpeg   My TTRS thread.-ff4244e3-ea81-49be-8b3d-3f5c31c8b2cd.jpeg  

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 11-27-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slightly off-topic, but seeing as a bunch of talk on winter setups here. How does the TT platform (TT, TTS, TT RS) handle in snow? (With proper tires, of course)
Old 11-30-2017, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Sublime, thanks largely to Quattro (and proper tires). Of course being so low slung there is a limit in deep snow.

Originally Posted by -Yeti-
Slightly off-topic, but seeing as a bunch of talk on winter setups here. How does the TT platform (TT, TTS, TT RS) handle in snow? (With proper tires, of course)
Old 11-30-2017, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Sublime, thanks largely to Quattro (and proper tires). Of course being so low slung there is a limit in deep snow.
Cool cool. Figured it would be fine, but i've never owned a car with Quattro or Haldex. My GTI does *ok* in light snow, but i found myself last winter almost getting stuck a few times. Could also be the crappy stock tires, but it definitely left me wanting more. I cant wait to get in an Audi.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool cool. Figured it would be fine, but i've never owned a car with Quattro or Haldex. My GTI does *ok* in light snow, but i found myself last winter almost getting stuck a few times. Could also be the crappy stock tires, but it definitely left me wanting more. I cant wait to get in an Audi.
Tires matter _far_ more than anything else. I'd rather have a FWD car with great snow tires than an AWD car with mediocre ones.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:33 AM
Previously “CALE262”

I would say it’s 90% tires. Long story short, I ordered my winter setup and was told they would be here in a week, one week turned into 6. The snow was already on the ground so I had to park the car for a couple weeks waiting for the wheel. When the wheels showed up I had to drive the car to the shop with the MPSS tires...I’m surprised I actually kept it on the road, it was a long slow drive as the MPSS tires didn’t stop worth a damn.

With these tires the car is about as perfect winter driver you can get. Clearance becomes the issue as sometimes you can’t see things (holes, curbs etc) hidden order the snow. Dedicated snow tires is almost a must here as we have 5 months of snow in a usual year. I would say we have the most challenging conditions to drive in, then add the fact that in the winter we have ~ 12 hours of darkness and more the further north you go.

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 12-07-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:36 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Old 11-30-2017, 10:45 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Old 12-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Had the car fully wrapped in Xpel Ultimate and then some stripes added...I don't think its completed yet, I want to do a little more but Im going to think about it for a week or two.

Quick Reply: My TTRS thread.