TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

New 2018 TTRS

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
I picked-up my 2018 TT RS on Saturday and it had 12 miles on it. Not that I asked, but the dealer said it rolled off the truck, into the shop for prep, and then onto the showroom floor.
Perhaps this pic might help explain a few miles. That's a mighty big cargo ship! My Audi came over on "Thalatta".

I never had to wait for a car so tracking helped pass the time.
Attached Thumbnails New 2018 TTRS-thalatta-capacidad-mil-unidades-teus_lprima20160429_0106_33.jpg  
Old 07-24-2017, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Fun101
Perhaps this pic might help explain a few miles. That's a mighty big cargo ship! My Audi came over on "Thalatta".

I never had to wait for a car so tracking helped pass the time.
How did you track it and how did you know what ship it was on? Mine is at the port in Europe to leave soon...would love to track it.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Damon44
Audphile
You bought a vehicle earlier this year and now you are considering changing?
Wow you can trade in a car so soon on a whim? That's amazing!
You have a ew S5 and they have no problem taking it back. Can you explain how that works for me.
Such financial flexibility! Is a tt RS $7500 worth more than a loaded S5?
I did buy the TT-RS and kept the S5 SB as well. I sold the 2016 A5 Cab.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are getting our TTRS covered in paint protection film (clearbra). We have decided to go with near complete coverage including entire front, hood, sides, doors, mirrors, roof, rear quarter panels including that area behind the rear wheels. The areas that are not covered are the rear hatch, spoiler, and rear bumper. We are getting Xpel Ultimate because we have had good results with that film on our Corvette.

What are you guys doing in terms of clear bra? Which brand and which areas of coverage? Nardo grey seems like a color worth protecting and we tested various areas with film and couldn't see a difference between covered and naked.

Also opticoat pro on top.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Iguana1500
We are getting our TTRS covered in paint protection film (clearbra). We have decided to go with near complete coverage including entire front, hood, sides, doors, mirrors, roof, rear quarter panels including that area behind the rear wheels. The areas that are not covered are the rear hatch, spoiler, and rear bumper. We are getting Xpel Ultimate because we have had good results with that film on our Corvette.

What are you guys doing in terms of clear bra? Which brand and which areas of coverage? Nardo grey seems like a color worth protecting and we tested various areas with film and couldn't see a difference between covered and naked.

Also opticoat pro on top.
Getting the PPF done tomorrow, getting detailed today in preparation. My guy uses SunTek Ultra, had good luck with this on my A6, A5 cab and just had the S5 SB done a couple of weeks ago.

Coverage is pretty much the same as you. Going to cover the piece right below the doors as well that goes all the way to the rear tire(s) including the small section under the car/door area. Will talk with them and see what they think as well.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
I picked-up my 2018 TT RS on Saturday and it had 12 miles on it. Not that I asked, but the dealer said it rolled off the truck, into the shop for prep, and then onto the showroom floor.
I'm amazed you only had 12 miles on yours. Usually the RS-line has 30-40 miles on it from testing after manufacture.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Iguana1500
Mileage update:

How did you get the odometer display with the map display?
Thanks
Old 07-26-2017, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Consider covering the rear of car, around license plate, bumper, etc.

I find that section get the dirtiest base on air flow.

Ed
Old 07-27-2017, 02:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My TT RS is getting the Suntek PPF installed today. I'm doing front bumper, headlights, partial hood and partial fenders.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by krafty
My TT RS is getting the Suntek PPF installed today. I'm doing front bumper, headlights, partial hood and partial fenders.
What's the going rate for that? I'm doing the same and then Ceramic Pro over the top of that. Florida here.

Quick Reply: New 2018 TTRS