TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Passenger seat reclines by itself

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger seat reclines by itself

I have an unusual problem in my 2017 TT.

I go into the car, and the passenger seat is fully reclined. And it was NOT left that way.
I am the only person that uses the car, and I do not recline the passenger seat.

This has happened 2 times so far.
The seat back is not loose.

Very weird. Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas?
Old 06-20-2017, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have never experienced that. I have a 16 TTS and the lumbar support and side bolsters adjust randomly for no reason. It has been suggested that they automatically adjust to reduce fatigue. Dealers say no and I never found this feature in the manual.

Great cars but many folks are having seat issues. My trim is separating and I am waiting for a updated part for repair. Good luck with the auto recline issue.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just about everyone is reporting the lumbar and side bolsters randomly adjusting. Apparently it's a feature. The reclining passenger seat...haven't had that so my guess is it's time to visit the dealer.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I still find it hard to believe that it is a feature. Normal functions such as intermittent wipers are listed and explained. If it is a anti fatigue feature it seems like they would at least mention it and most likely bill for it as a premium option.

With the seat issues we are having I think it would be safe to say the mk3 seat engineer lost focus.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Do you all have the sports seats?
Old 06-20-2017, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have a 2016 TTS US spec.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Since we have no seat position 'memory' feature there should be no related signal path to the seat causing a problem. It would therefore seem you have an anomaly in the passenger seat-back control itself. Dealership warranty service in your future.

btw: I sympathize with those having the various seat issues, and I know it doesn't help same, but I am over 18 months of ownership and have no such issues with mine.

[And yes the lumbar support periodic shifting is a feature. Many cars have "easter eggs" of cleverly engineered, yet undocumented, features.]
Old 06-21-2017, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the lumbar autoshifting is normal- mine grips harder as I drive faster, and when I stop for a while, it loosens out, as if im about to leave the car. completely normal. originally I thought it was a massaging feature lol
Old 06-21-2017, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

My seat feature has a random algorithm. My daily commute is 45 mins of winding mountain roads. Speed or cornering is not a factor for my seat feature. At least it isn't auto reclining.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is it possible that you sat on the sill to clean something and hit the recline button accidentally.

I have done this and then wondered why my seat position had changed.

Ed

Quick Reply: Passenger seat reclines by itself