TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Rear Brake Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Brake Calipers

Are there any options to replace the stock rear brake calipers with something that better match the front calipers appearance-wise? The Germans seem to "go cheap" on the rear calipers.

And NO, I'm not looking for caliper covers!

Last edited by gurneyeagle; 07-15-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Are there any options to replace the stock rear brake calipers with something that bette match the front calipers appearance-wise? The Germans seem to "go cheap" on the rear calipers.

And NO, I'm not looking for caliper covers!

I know it looks odd to have rear brakes from a Toyota Yaris and front brakes from a Lamborghini... but there's a reason for that. All the weight of the car is over the front axle... especially under braking. So there's not really much braking for the rear axle to do. And if the rear locks up super easily because you have gigantic brakes it will just make the car spin.

It's not necessarily that Audi was being cheap.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From another Houston TT RS owner, here you go!

NEUSPEED 350mm Floating Rear Rotor Kit <<<< Click Me

Last edited by JGreen; 07-12-2019 at 10:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
gurneyeagle (07-15-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is a big reason that I couldn't go the Red caliper route with this car. It just highlights how small those rears are.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapture
This is a big reason that I couldn't go the Red caliper route with this car. It just highlights how small those rears are.
I was thinking the opposite. I had to go the red caliper route to highlight how big the fronts are.
crester (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by StraySheep
I was thinking the opposite. I had to go the red caliper route to highlight how big the fronts are.
That's how I feel as well. People will be too distracted by how large your fronts are to notice the rears... lol
Old 07-16-2019, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by crester
That's how I feel as well. People will be too distracted by how large your fronts are to notice the rears... lol
Originally Posted by StraySheep
I seriously doubt this guys. Car people do notice these things particularly when they are so well highlighted.

The rear brakes are tiny. Yes, they may work well but the bright color makes them stand out.

Just my opinion of course.

The fronts are great but they magnify the difference in the two, front to back. I like the standard black option better. Honestly I don't like most new cars with red calipers as I also believe they are bit played out.
gurneyeagle (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapture
I seriously doubt this guys. Car people do notice these things particularly when they are so well highlighted.

The rear brakes are tiny. Yes, they may work well but the bright color makes them stand out.

Just my opinion of course.

The fronts are great but they magnify the difference in the two, front to back. I like the standard black option better. Honestly I don't like most new cars with red calipers as I also believe they are bit played out.
Honestly, I would have preferred the black ones as well, but the car came with the red upgrade. I would just like to find a larger caliper for the rear.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Check out adamsrotors for rear brakes that match the front. I’ve used these guys once on all four wheels, minor bump in the road but they got it resolved with no additional cost to me. If I find a pic of what I had, I’ll post it.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Found it.

Quick Reply: Rear Brake Calipers