TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Registration is now open for TT West 2021 - The “Bucket List” Color and History Tour

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Registration is now open for TT West 2021 - The “Bucket List” Color and History Tour

We usually sell out quickly after it opens to the public, so don't delay because space is again limited to 20 cars. Go to the web site at TT West 2021 ? The Bucket List Color and History Tour for details about the 835 mile drive that includes a tour of “must see” attractions in Colorado, Utah, and Arizona, plus we’ve also lined up some historic host hotels. Then click the Registration tab to read the event terms and conditions and start the registration process. This should be another great drive!
The following 2 users liked this post by Vegas-roadster:
McTTRS (05-05-2021), Merlin Purple (05-20-2021)
Old 05-09-2021, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

9 cars registered so far
Old 05-19-2021, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

10 cars registered including 4 TTRS
Old 05-22-2021, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am thinking of doing this with my wife, I just bought a 2021 TTRS last week. She wants to know how are the dinners/lunches organized and does everyone need to make their own reservations? Any other insight to this event other than what is posted on the registration site would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

For under $200 registration fee per person for 5 -6 days, obviously meals and lodging are not included. It is a non-profit event affiliated with Audi Club of North America. In fact, I often have to spend some money of my own to run the event. Most of the registration fee this year goes to the cost of the Canyon de Chelly all day tour on Thursday which we get at a deeply discounted $130 per person.
You have to make your own hotel reservations. Information on how to get group rates at the host hotels are listed in the "Accommodations" section of the web site. Alternative hotels are also listed. We have found that participants prefer to make their own reservations because of their preferences for specific chains, cost, type of bedding, etc.
Usually no meals are included in the registration fee. This year, the Canyon tour on Thursday includes lunch and water because there are no restaurants in the Canyon (nor flush toilets - only portapots). You will get an opportunity to select what sandwich you want. The only other "group meal" is the farewell dinner in Winslow. Friday diner reservations have been made for the group at La Posada. We will eat together as a group in one area of the restaurant but you will get separate checks for what you ordered with a 20% tip added. Lunch on Wednesday will be at "The View" hotel in Monument Valley since it is the only convenient restaurant for lunch in the area but we have no reservations since that hotel/restaurant complex is large enough to handle us as "walk-ins". You are on your own for lunch Monday, Tuesday, and Friday as Moab and Holbrook offer multiple places to eat. Similarly you are on your own for all breakfast meals and all dinner meals except Friday with multiple restaurants to choose from so no meal reservations are necessary.
TT West features spirited but safe driving as a group while enjoying the history and geology of the region. Your location in the group accommodates various driving skills. We usually have at least one scenic stop each morning and afternoon drive. I will be the sole Drive Master this year and have driven all of the roads except the optional Sunday drive at least a dozen times in the past 20 years.
What other specific questions do you have?
Old 05-23-2021, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you for the great response and clarity. My wife and I would like to join, but I am waiting for Audi NA and the dealership where I bought my car to see if I will still have a car. The car died in its first 40 miles into my ownership on day 1. So I am unsure when or even if I will be getting the car back. Hopefully I will know more this week and you will have spots open.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I share your pain. I've owned TT roadsters for 20 years and have had minimal issues with the top but the top on my Mk 3 broke 2 months ago and it's still sitting in the shop waiting on parts. First they replaced the motors after waiting 3 weeks for them to come from Germany which didn't fix the problem. Now I've been waiting 5 weeks for a new frame for the top to get here from Germany.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:39 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I really wish I knew if or when the border would be open, I’ve been wanting to take this event in for a couple of years now.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Next year we cross the border - TT West International

Originally Posted by BRKNJMPR
I really wish I knew if or when the border would be open, I’ve been wanting to take this event in for a couple of years now.
Tentatively scheduled for July 2022. Cody WY to Banff via Boozman and Glacier National Monument. Some hairy roads. Optional Saturday drive through Banff national Park at the end (I'm looking for a Drive Master for that day).
We still have spots available for 2021 and at this point it is unlikely we will sell out so maybe you can still join us. You won't be the first Canadian at TT West. Or you can sign up and cancel by September 1 and get most of your money back. We've had drivers from Alaska and Hawaii (a real wet drive).
Old 05-29-2021, 03:59 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
Tentatively scheduled for July 2022. Cody WY to Banff via Boozman and Glacier National Monument. Some hairy roads. Optional Saturday drive through Banff national Park at the end (I'm looking for a Drive Master for that day).
We still have spots available for 2021 and at this point it is unlikely we will sell out so maybe you can still join us. You won't be the first Canadian at TT West. Or you can sign up and cancel by September 1 and get most of your money back. We've had drivers from Alaska and Hawaii (a real wet drive).
PM sent.

Quick Reply: Registration is now open for TT West 2021 - The “Bucket List” Color and History Tour